Opportunity Starts Here
J. Morrissey & Company can help you find a job and achieve your goals.
Branford, CT 06405 US
In partnership with a sustainable manufacturing client of ours, we are recruiting for an exciting opportunity for Financial Controller with tons of opportunity for growth. Reporting to the CFO, the Controller will supervise a small team of 2 and will support the organization in achieving their plans for growth.
The best candidate for the Controller position will be ambitious, technically sound, and willing/excited to join a team with high expectations for future growth.
- Leveraging business strategy through developing improved and sustainable controls
- Oversee all financial reporting
- Support executive team in business planning activities through presenting financial analysis and reports
- Develop and mentor small accounting team
- Lead internal and external audit process
- Review effectiveness of financial and operational controls
- Thorough analysis of cost accounting
- Manage working capital through inventory management
- Manage ERP, suggesting changes when necessary
- Assist in M&A activities
- Other responsibilities as needed
- 5+ years of experience in the accounting field
- Experience leading a team
- Experience in the manufacturing industry highly preferred
- Must be extremely detail oriented
- Strong reporting skills
- Strong leadership capabilities
- $125k - $135k, depending on experience
- Strong benefits package and bonus potential
Meet Your Recruiter
Vice President, Accounting & Finance and Office Services
Colin Paterson has over 6 years of experience in the staffing industry and leads our Office Support team here at J. Morrissey. He primarily focuses on temporary placements of office and financial professional across all industries.
Prior to joining J. Morrissey, Colin was a Contracts and Recruiting Manager at a national recruiting and staffing firm where he led a team of recruiters focusing on sourcing and filling skilled positions across manufacturing, engineering and distribution industries. While there he learned various management styles, industry trends, sales techniques and situational leadership skills.
Colin is actively involved with Quinnipiac Valley Chamber of Commerce, Bristol Continuing Education, and the Central Connecticut State University Alumni Association. He received his Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration from Central Connecticut State University. His recruiting and staffing industry knowledge enables him to communicate effectively with his candidates and clients to ensure good matches on both sides.