Opportunity Starts Here
J. Morrissey & Company can help you find a job and achieve your goals.
RN-Field Nurse-SNF Discharge Planner
Connecticut, CT 06118
Field Nurse-Discharge Planner
Coordinates services for patient to transition from facility to facility or home care. Works with SNF or hospital Case Manager’ s in collaboration to coordinate and approve authorized continuum of patient’ s care services.
Review clinical resource options based on patient assessment and advised care plan after transition from either hospital care or SNF Care.
PREVENTING HOSPITAL READMISSIONS is a national focus for healthcare reform. Consequently, patient discharge education is increasingly important for improving clinical outcomes and reducing hospital costs
Identifies the patient' s ability to perform self-care to determine nurse patient’ s care level for discharge
Manage the length of stay at Skilled Nursing Facilities.
Coordinates any services required for the patient to transitions to their home safely using the organization’ s home health care, DME or home infusion, pharmacy arrangements, social work, etc…
Acts as a clinical liaison to Primary Care Physicians, referral sources, care coordinators home health physicians, and other essential resource team.
Communicates thoroughly and document thoroughly to coordinate patient transition smoothly and efficiently.
Full-time Mon-Fri 8-5
No on-call /No weekends/No Holidays
Field Nurse role -75% travel to SNF in the New Haven County area/25% work from home to schedule, plan and documentation to meet compliance.
Salary 80-85K with bonus earnings and health benefits .
Registered Nurse Licensed in CT
2 years Care Coordination and Case Management experience required
2 years of Discharge planning in a SNF or hospital setting
Excellent patient assessment skills
Knowledge of referral source care coordination
Excellent critical thinking skills
Must have excellent time management skills, resource planning, travel to SNF in the Central CT or Western CT or Eastern CT Geographic area depending on your location.
Schedule: M-F (no on-call) 8-5 or 9-6
80% travel to facilities in your CT geographic territory- remaining 20% Work at home
Send resume to Krisha Morander |Email resume to: KrishaM@jmorrissey.com
Director, Healthcare Services & Healthcare IT
Krisha Morander, a Certified Personnel Consultant, (CPC), has over 25 years of experience in the healthcare staffing industry. She also has corporate HR Recruitment, homecare, mental health and academia background to compliment her overall knowledge of hiring talent. Krisha has been continually recognized within our agency for achieving record-high placement activity.
She places all levels of healthcare professionals within a broad spectrum of healthcare organizations across Connecticut and Massachusetts including hospitals, managed care organizations, physician practices, pharmaceutical organizations, mental health, government facilities, and long term care and rehab facilities.
Krisha also complements her searches in the areas of clinical recruitment, information technology and clinical trials & research. The blend of clinical informatics, statistics and analysis are an integrated part of measuring outcomes and data to measure surveys and scores. Krisha continues to stay connected with this evolving and complex industry through her membership with the New England Chapter of Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS).
Krisha majored in marketing with a concentration in Human Resources. Krisha’s industry knowledge, communication skills and passion for recruiting make her an invaluable recruiter here at J. Morrissey.