Opportunity Starts Here
J. Morrissey & Company can help you find a job and achieve your goals.
Hartford, CT 06103
J. Morrissey is currently hiring for a Regional Accountant for a client located in Hartford, CT.
Interested in working for a company that is family-oriented, and believes in putting PEOPLE first? Our client is well known for their friendly culture, and recognizing their employees are their key asset.
Salary: $65, 000 - $75, 000 annually
- Monthly accounting and reporting for a portfolio of individual managed locations within an assigned region
- Perform required month-end close activities for each location, including accurate preparation and recording of all journal entries.
- Reconcile and record activity from daily cash reports, credit card activity reports, and bank statements. Complete individual location bank reconciliations using auto matching application.
- Reconcile all location Balance Sheets and related asset, liability and equity accounts. Prepare analysis and lead sheets, when appropriate.
- Compile and prepare comprehensive monthly financial report packages and submit timely to the field for review and approval.
- Meet monthly financial report submission deadlines to GM and client in line with management agreement and client expectations.
- Calculate, prepare, and file all applicable tax returns, including property, parking, and sales and use taxes.
- Prepare and process funding and wiring requirements, including distributions, taxes, and inter-company settlements.
- Communicate and interact with regional and facility personnel working in the field.
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor’ s degree in Accounting or Finance. Master’ s preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience in an accounting role with application of GAAP
- 3+ years of experience within hospitality, manufacturing, public accounting, or property management industries
- Understanding and knowledge of accounting principles, practices, standards, laws and regulations
- Experience with multiple location responsibilities and meeting reporting deadlines is a MUST
- Ability to manipulate large amounts of data
- Advanced computer skills in MS Office software; and accounting software and databases
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Good time-management skills
- Commercial Property Management accounting and client facing reporting experience, a plus
Qualified candidates may apply by submitting an updated resume directly to this post for consideration.
Meet Your Recruiter
Staffing Manager, Office & Financial Support
Jenny Sand has over 4 years of experience in the staffing industry and is a Staffing Manager with our Office Support team. She primarily focuses on temporary and temporary-to-hire placements of office and financial professionals across all industries.
Prior to joining J.Morrissey, Jenny worked at a large international staffing firm where she sourced and filled temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct placement positions across a variety of industries including office support, financial services, light and heavy industrial, food service and more. While there, she managed the hiring process for a large financial firm, hiring upwards of 100 - 150 temporary employees for tax form processing. She was consistently recognized for placing qualified candidates and providing exceptional client and candidate service.
Jenny is actively involved with Soldier Solutions LLC, an organization that helps spread awareness for the struggles that disabled veterans face and assists in helping them receive service dogs. She received her Associate’s Degree in Business Management from SUNY Broome.