Opportunity Starts Here
J. Morrissey & Company can help you find a job and achieve your goals.
Windsor Locks, CT 06096 US
In partnership with a reputable client of ours, we are recruiting for a Staff Accountant to join the accounting team on a contract basis to assist the team in completing their year-end closing.
This position is an can start immediately and can turn permanent for the right candidate.
- Assist the year end closing processes through assisting in preparing financial statements and reviewing and reconciling accounts from the general ledger
- Generate and send invoices for accounts receivable
- Assist with the annual audit
- Prepare and post journal entries, file taxes for multiple states
- Other accounting responsibilities as needed
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting is a must
- 2+ years of experience in accounting
- Experience performing close activities
Meet Your Recruiter
Recruiter, Office Support Group
Jake Anderson joined our Firm as an Associate Recruiter and works directly in our Office Support Group as well as our Accounting and Finance Group, focusing on both Contract and Direct Hire placement.
Prior to joining J. Morrissey, Jake worked at Glastonbury Hills Country Club, where he used his strong work ethic and passion for building relationships to develop his skills in communication and customer service. Jake is excited to be involved with a company that enables him to assist other people in finding their passions.
Jake is a 2021 graduate from Marist College in Poughkeepsie, New York, where he graduated with a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration and a concentration in Human Resources as well as a minor in Psychology.