Opportunity Starts Here
J. Morrissey & Company can help you find a job and achieve your goals.
Clinical Trials -Cancer research Assistant
221 Whitney Avenue Hamden, CT 06514 | Direct Hire
Cancer research Assistant
Clinical Trials Research Assistant will be under the direct supervision of the Clinical Trial Project Manager and Principle Investigator (s). Coordinate and participate in a variety of administrative activities associated with the conduct of clinical trials.
- Assist in administrative activity related to clinical protocol, schedules, and eligibility criteria prior to patient recruitment and enrollment.
- Assist in the enrollment of potential trial participants.
- Certify informed consent is obtained and maintained in accordance with specific protocol criteria.
- Coordinate patient/subject care from the recruitment phase through the patient/subject coming off the treatment and through the follow up phase.
- Confirm Patient eligibility and discuss discrepancies with research nurse and physicians.
- Enroll study participants by collecting source documentation and using the established sponsor or physician initiated databases required for registration.
Required Education, Experience, and Skills:
Two years of related work in clinical research and a Bachelor’ s degree in a related field; or an equivalent combination of experience and education.
Experience coordinating, planning, or working in a high volume multitasking setting.
Knowledge of EMR and EPIC
Knowledge of federal regulations for HIPAA, IRB, and clinical protocols related to research.
- Proven experience working in Clinical Trials setting and the ability to make high-level decisions relating to study.
- Working knowledge of medical oncology terminology.
- Proven ability to multi-task, maintain confidentiality, and to be organize and meticulous with details.
- Impeccable interpersonal skills and the ability to work as a team, as well as, independently while self-motivating. Experience working with a study sponsor personnel a plus
- Advanced computer skills with Excel, Word, and competence with electronic medical databases.
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical industry and research laboratories helpful.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high volume environment
- Biotechnology, Life Science
Preferred Licenses or Certifications:
Certification as a Clinical Research Associate or Clinical Research Professional (ACRP or SOCRA preferred)
- Send resume to Krisha Morander Email: Krisham@jmorrissey.com
- Full Time
- Multiple locations- Hamden, North Haven, Trumbull, CT.
Director, Healthcare & Healthcare IT
Krisha Morander, a Certified Personnel Consultant, (CPC), has over 25 years of experience in the healthcare staffing industry. She also has corporate HR Recruitment, homecare, mental health and academia background to compliment her overall knowledge of hiring talent. Krisha has been continually recognized within our agency for achieving record-high placement activity.
She places all levels of healthcare professionals within a broad spectrum of healthcare organizations across Connecticut and Massachusetts including hospitals, managed care organizations, physician practices, pharmaceutical organizations, mental health, government facilities, and long term care and rehab facilities.
In addition to her passion for clinical recruitment, Krisha also compliments her searches in the area of Information Technology. The blend of Clinical Informatics, statistics and analysis are an integrated part of measuring outcomes and data to measure surveys and scores. Krisha continues to stay connected with this evolving and complex industry through her membership with the New England Chapter of Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS).
Krisha majored in marketing with a concentration in Human Resources. Krisha’s industry knowledge, communication skills and passion for recruiting make her an invaluable recruiter here at J. Morrissey.