Opportunity Starts Here
J. Morrissey & Company can help you find a job and achieve your goals.
2nd Shift Test Technician
640 Hopmeadow St Simsbury, CT 06070
J.Morrissey is currently hiring for an Electro-Mechanical Technician for a manufacturing client located in Simsbury, CT.
This is a 2nd shift opportunity and will be direct hire position with our client.
The pay range for this position is $40, 000 - $60, 000 annually, depending on experience.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Supports environmental testing of development and production products
- Test evaluation, set-up and performance of vibration, shock and climatic testing
- Perform testing in accordance with written procedures, MIL-STD’ s and industry specifications
- Equipment preventive maintenance and calibration
- Test data reporting
- Equipment troubleshooting and repair
- Other responsibilities as assigned
Qualifications include, but are not limited to:
- Must be able to work independently and interface with individuals at multiple levels in the organization.
- Strong mechanical aptitude, problem solving and communication skills
- Must be able to interpret and execute test requirements provided in written specifications
- Knowledge of explosive materials and/or ordnance devices is beneficial
- Experience working in an aerospace industry is preferred
- Experience in a test lab environment with exposure to a number of the following areas: Climatic Testing, Dynamic Testing, and Instrumentation
- Associate degree in mechanical or electrical engineering preferred
- High school diploma required
- Occasional heavy lifting, travel, and overtime
- Candidates may be required to submit for background check screening
For immediate consideration, please submit your resume directly to this posting
Staffing Manager, Office & Financial Support
Jenny Sand has over 4 years of experience in the staffing industry and is a Staffing Manager with our Office Support team. She primarily focuses on temporary and temporary-to-hire placements of office and financial professionals across all industries.
Prior to joining J.Morrissey, Jenny worked at a large international staffing firm where she sourced and filled temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct placement positions across a variety of industries including office support, financial services, light and heavy industrial, food service and more. While there, she managed the hiring process for a large financial firm, hiring upwards of 100 - 150 temporary employees for tax form processing. She was consistently recognized for placing qualified candidates and providing exceptional client and candidate service.
Jenny is actively involved with Soldier Solutions LLC, an organization that helps spread awareness for the struggles that disabled veterans face and assists in helping them receive service dogs. She received her Associate’s Degree in Business Management from SUNY Broome.