Opportunity Starts Here
J. Morrissey & Company can help you find a job and achieve your goals.
APRN-Diabetes Research and Patient Services
Hamden, CT 06514 US
- Communicates clinical protocols to patients and convey’ s patient data to research coordinators.
- Analytical skills Provides both qualitative and quantitative data to research coordinators, which calls for keen accuracy of EMR data and ability to analyze information
- Critical Thinking and Decision making: In the context of new or experimental therapies, may need to make timely decisions about what’s best for their patients.
- Regulated Environment: Study protocols must be adhered to at all times for regulatory purposes for patient, research, pharmaceutical sponsor and state and federal mandated polices.
- Examines patients to collect information about their physical condition and establishes a clinical diagnosis.
- Conducts physicals, provides treatment, formulates a health care plan and counsels patients on various health practices.
- Coordinates operation of study protocols with the assistance of research associates.
- Encourages compliance with treatment plans through education, assessment of patient understanding and regular patient monitoring.
- Provides reasonable and prudent medical care, practices appropriate management, and uses sound clinical judgment based on best practice standards and evidenced based medicine.
- Obtains, compiles, and records patient medical data, including health history, progress notes and results of physical examination.
- Provides preventive health practices to patients to maintain and improve health and prevent illness.
- Coordinates patient care including ordering of laboratory tests and radiographic studies.
- Interprets diagnostic test
- Prescribes therapy or medication
Master’s Degree from an accredited Advanced Nurse Practitioner (APRN) program or graduation from a Physician Assistant (PA) Licensed in Connecticut-- ANA certification OR CT PA license (or eligible). Prescriptive privileges (or eligible) in the State of Connecticut, federal DEA license and CT DCP license for prescription of controlled substances.
- Certifications required. ANA or CT PA (or eligible) Prescriptive privileges in CT. Federal DEA License and CT DCP License for prescription of controlled substances
- Certifications preferred: (any of the following): CDCES, CBDCE, ANCC
- Previous Experience within Endocrinology, Metabolism, Diabetes environment working as an APRN
- EMR (EPIC) documentation experience
- Clinical Research experience preferred.
- Staff leadership or training experience
About the Position: Full Time M-F 8-5 On site location in Connecticut
Salaried position with comprehensive Medical/Health/Tuition reimbursement/Retirement savings/and generous PTO
$115-140K Depending on experience.
Meet Your Recruiter
Krisha Morander, CPC
Vice President, Healthcare & Information Technology
Krisha joined J Morrissey in 2004 placing healthcare professionals in clinical and non-clinical roles on a direct hire basis. She is a hands-on Recruiter who specializes in Clinical Informatics and Traditional Information Technology recruitment both in direct hire and contract placements.
Krisha also complements her searches in the areas of nursing, psych, and clinical trials & research, Billing, Data Analyst, Mid to Director Level and C Level. She continues to stay connected with the evolving and complex industry through her membership with the New England Chapter of Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS).
She formerly was an Admissions Officer, assisting students for entrance to The Univ of Saint Joseph's School of Pharmacy and was a Lead Staffing Coordinator for New England Home care and Health Resources earlier in her career.
Krisha has been continually recognized within our agency for achieving record-high placement activity.
Krisha majored in marketing with a concentration in Human Resources. Krisha’s industry knowledge, communication skills and passion for recruiting make her an invaluable recruiter here at J. Morrissey.