Opportunity Starts Here
J. Morrissey & Company can help you find a job and achieve your goals.
AV Systems Technician - Residential
Norwalk, CT 06850 US
We have an exciting opportunity to join a leader in the residential technology industry. Our client offers a wide range of integrated and automated home technologies geared to high-end residential clientele. In this role you will be working very autonomously installing top of the line smart home systems. If you value collaboration, career growth potential, and servant leadership, this is the right opportunity for you.
- Company HQ located in the Fairfield CT area
- Client sites in Fairfield County, Westchester County, Greater NYC area
- Travel to and from client sites from home (company vehicle provided)
- Compensation: Hourly $40 - $50/hour depending on experience, paid travel time (guaranteed OT)
- Benefits: Company vehicle, Laptop, Cell, Medical, Dental, 401K match, PTO and holidays
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Install, program, and test various integrated home technology systems including audio/video systems, lighting, control systems, Lutron lighting, shade systems, home theater, and Wi-Fi networks from design to completion
- Provide guidance and technical support to lower level technicians
- Work closely with clients, builders, designers, and architects to coordinate and scope projects
- Analyze blueprints to ensure documented design specifications are met
- Operate in accordance with proposals, floor plans, wiring/lighting plans, load schedules, design formats, rack and console elevations
- Create test systems and plans for quality of service and ensure standard operating procedures are being followed
- 5 or more years of experience leading the design and installation of residential technologies including audio/video, home theater, integrated control systems, lighting, and Wi-Fi networks
- Experience with programming, design, and installation of multiroom audio, video, lighting, security protection systems, and climate control systems
- Prior experience working with Lutron lighting, Savant, Control 4, Creston, IT Networks/Wi-Fi, Apple iOS, RTI, RF Technology, CATV systems and DSS
- Must be able to operate company vehicle to travel to and from jobs sites, work in various climate conditions, use ladders, operate power/hand tools, lift heavy objects, and push and pull wiring materials
- Must be self driven with strong work ethic, be collaborative, and posses a high level of attention to detail
- Must have the ability to multitask and adapt to challenges and shifting priorities
- Strong written and verbal communication
Meet Your Recruiter
Chris Gamber, III
Manager, Information Technology Services
Chris Gamber is a driven professional and a 2020 graduate of Hartwick College. During his college years, he showcased his dedication and teamwork as a proud member of the Men's Lacrosse Team, instilling a strong sense of discipline and commitment.
Today, Chris stands at the forefront of J. Morrissey, where he has spent the last four years honing his expertise in Direct Hire and Contract IT placement. His focus extends to Mid-Career to Executive Level IT Professionals across a wide array of industries, including Infrastructure, Data Science, Software Development, IT Security, VCISO, Managed Services, Network Engineering, Management/Executive Level, and Business Intelligence.
When he's not immersed in the world of IT recruitment, Chris enjoys precious moments with his fiancé, sharing their time between their family's vacation homes in the picturesque locales of Rhode Island and Maine. These coastal getaways offer the perfect backdrop for creating lasting memories, especially during the tranquil Summer and vibrant Fall seasons.
Beyond his professional pursuits and scenic escapes, Chris embraces his love for leisure activities. He finds solace and excitement on the golf course, patiently casting his line while fishing, and unwinding at the picturesque Charlestown Beach in Rhode Island. These moments of relaxation add balance to his dynamic life.
With a passion for career success, a penchant for coastal living, and an appreciation for the simple joys of life, Chris Gamber embodies a well-rounded individual who thrives in both his personal and professional endeavors.