Opportunity Starts Here
J. Morrissey & Company can help you find a job and achieve your goals.
Bloomfield, CT 06002 US
Working alongside the Director of Finance, the Accounting Manager will assist in creating and maintaining accurate and efficient accounting controls and processes while planning for the immediate and long-term future. The Accounting Manager will be responsible for overseeing payroll, AP, and AR activities.
Our client is a growing and national multi-faceted company which offers competitive compensation and benefits along with a great working culture.
- Supervise regular accounting operations such as AP, AR, fixed assets, and Payroll
- Oversee staff, providing mentorship and training when needed
- Ensure accurate and timely completion of month-end closings
- Approve general ledger journal entries
- GL and bank statement reconciliations
- Maintain cash flow through approving disbursements and authorizing wire transfers
- Ensure taxes are accurately calculated and paid by due date
- Monitor, prepare, and recommend changes in procedures in accordance with GAAP
- Support annual audit
- Budgeting and forecasting
- Produce financial reports and statements
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance is strongly preferred
- 8+ years of progressive experience in the accounting field
- Master’s or CPA preferred
- Solid knowledge of GAAP
- $120-140k, depending on experience
- Comprehensive benefits package
Meet Your Recruiter
Vice President, Accounting & Finance and Office Services
Colin Paterson has over 6 years of experience in the staffing industry and leads our Office Support team here at J. Morrissey. He primarily focuses on temporary placements of office and financial professional across all industries.
Prior to joining J. Morrissey, Colin was a Contracts and Recruiting Manager at a national recruiting and staffing firm where he led a team of recruiters focusing on sourcing and filling skilled positions across manufacturing, engineering and distribution industries. While there he learned various management styles, industry trends, sales techniques and situational leadership skills.
Colin is actively involved with Quinnipiac Valley Chamber of Commerce, Bristol Continuing Education, and the Central Connecticut State University Alumni Association. He received his Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration from Central Connecticut State University. His recruiting and staffing industry knowledge enables him to communicate effectively with his candidates and clients to ensure good matches on both sides.