Opportunity Starts Here
J. Morrissey & Company can help you find a job and achieve your goals.
Hartford, CT 06101 US
- Lead a team of accountants, ensuring timely and accurate monthly reporting
- Serve as the point person and expert for assigned accounts
- Full oversight of AP, AR, reconciliations, journal entries, and taxes for assigned accounts
- Review and approve monthly financial reports
- Perform reconciliations against the balance sheet
- Actively participate in P&L calls, providing updates for managed accounts
- Oversee initial reporting for new accounts
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or a related field
- 8+ years of experience in accounting
- Excellent leadership, training, and mentorship skills
- Strong experience with financial reporting
- Property/real estate experience is preferred
- Strong supervisor experience
- Great communication skills – must be able to communicate within the department, external parties, and company leadership personnel
- $95 – $115k, depending on experience
- Full range of insurance benefits, PTO, 401k with match
Meet Your Recruiter
Recruiter, Office Support Group
Jake Anderson joined our Firm as an Associate Recruiter and works directly in our Office Support Group as well as our Accounting and Finance Group, focusing on both Contract and Direct Hire placement.
Prior to joining J. Morrissey, Jake worked at Glastonbury Hills Country Club, where he used his strong work ethic and passion for building relationships to develop his skills in communication and customer service. Jake is excited to be involved with a company that enables him to assist other people in finding their passions.
Jake is a 2021 graduate from Marist College in Poughkeepsie, New York, where he graduated with a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration and a concentration in Human Resources as well as a minor in Psychology.