Opportunity Starts Here
J. Morrissey & Company can help you find a job and achieve your goals.
Hartford, CT 06101 US
$62,000-$67,000, depending on experience
Contract to Hire
In partnership with a reputable CT based organization, we are recruiting for a Accounting Specialist to fill an integral role within the finance team. The Accounting Specialist will assist in several different areas of accounting and finance. This is a great opportunity to get your foot in the door with a large and longstanding organization which offers a complete and strong benefits package.
- Provide support in all areas of accounting, including payroll and maintaining the general ledger
- Assist in processing Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, reconciliations, and journal entries
- Run analyses for payroll and revenue
- Assist in prepping financial statements
- Supervise Accounting Assistant
- Other projects and responsibilities as needed
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or a related field
- 3+ years of relevant finance or accounting experience
- Lead/Supervisory experience preferred
- Strong skills in MS Excel
Meet Your Recruiter
Recruiter, Office Support Group
Jake Anderson joined our Firm as an Associate Recruiter and works directly in our Office Support Group as well as our Accounting and Finance Group, focusing on both Contract and Direct Hire placement.
Prior to joining J. Morrissey, Jake worked at Glastonbury Hills Country Club, where he used his strong work ethic and passion for building relationships to develop his skills in communication and customer service. Jake is excited to be involved with a company that enables him to assist other people in finding their passions.
Jake is a 2021 graduate from Marist College in Poughkeepsie, New York, where he graduated with a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration and a concentration in Human Resources as well as a minor in Psychology.