Opportunity Starts Here
J. Morrissey & Company can help you find a job and achieve your goals.
Rocky Hill, CT 06067 US
$55,000-$70,000, depending on experience
In partnership with a local small business, we are recruiting for a Accounting Supervisor to fill an integral role within the accounting team. The Accounting Supervisor will head up all areas of accounting and supervise a small staff.
- Ensure Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, reconciliations, and journal entries are processed/posted accurately and timely
- Prepare financial statements
- Month, quarter, and year end closings
- File taxes
- Other projects and responsibilities as needed
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or a related field is strongly preferred
- 5+ years of relevant finance or accounting experience
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Strong skills in MS Excel
Meet Your Recruiter
Recruiter, Office Support Group
Jake Anderson joined our Firm as an Associate Recruiter and works directly in our Office Support Group as well as our Accounting and Finance Group, focusing on both Contract and Direct Hire placement.
Prior to joining J. Morrissey, Jake worked at Glastonbury Hills Country Club, where he used his strong work ethic and passion for building relationships to develop his skills in communication and customer service. Jake is excited to be involved with a company that enables him to assist other people in finding their passions.
Jake is a 2021 graduate from Marist College in Poughkeepsie, New York, where he graduated with a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration and a concentration in Human Resources as well as a minor in Psychology.