Opportunity Starts Here
J. Morrissey & Company can help you find a job and achieve your goals.
Accounts Payable Manager
Hartford, CT 06101 US
In partnership with a longstanding client of ours, we are looking for a skilled AP Manager to lead a small team of Accounts Payable professionals. Reporting to the VP of Accounts Payable, the AP Manager will have excellent leadership skills and will come with 3+ years of management experience in an accounting role. This role is best suited for a strategic and forward-thinking professional looking to join a busy accounting team at a rapidly growing national company.
- Work alongside the VP of Accounts Payable to provide guidance and leadership to the AP staff
- Aid in developing, implementing, and maintaining improved AP processes, policies, and procedures
- Process payables when needed (AP team will take care of most of this, but the AP Manager may need to step in to provide support from time to time)
- Ensure invoices are paid accurately and on time
- Perform account reconciliations and resolve discrepancies
- Play an integral role in the month end closing process
- Oversee 1099 reporting
- Other responsibilities as needed
- 5+ years of hands on experience processing Accounts Payable
- 3+ years of management experience
- Excellent leadership and management skills
- Experience working with general ledger
- Communication skills – must be able to communicate with internal departments and managers, along with external clients and vendors
- $70-85k, depending on experience
- Full benefits package – medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401k w/ match, PTO
Meet Your Recruiter
Vice President, Accounting & Finance and Office Services
Colin Paterson has over 6 years of experience in the staffing industry and leads our Office Support team here at J. Morrissey. He primarily focuses on temporary placements of office and financial professional across all industries.
Prior to joining J. Morrissey, Colin was a Contracts and Recruiting Manager at a national recruiting and staffing firm where he led a team of recruiters focusing on sourcing and filling skilled positions across manufacturing, engineering and distribution industries. While there he learned various management styles, industry trends, sales techniques and situational leadership skills.
Colin is actively involved with Quinnipiac Valley Chamber of Commerce, Bristol Continuing Education, and the Central Connecticut State University Alumni Association. He received his Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration from Central Connecticut State University. His recruiting and staffing industry knowledge enables him to communicate effectively with his candidates and clients to ensure good matches on both sides.