Opportunity Starts Here
J. Morrissey & Company can help you find a job and achieve your goals.
Accounts Receivable Specialist
Middletown, CT 06459 US
In partnership with a locally owned business, J. Morrissey & Co. is recruiting for an Accounts Receivable Specialist to join the accounting team for a client of ours.
Full time, flexible hours
Onsite but can turn into a hybrid schedule in the future
- Track and manage all unpaid customer accounts, sending invoices and making collection calls as needed
- Generate and send invoices
- Serve as the primary contact point for billing concerns and disputes
- Cash postings to customer accounts
- Send long overdue accounts to collections when needed
- Administer payment plans
- Investigate account activity when requested by client
- Identify and address delinquent accounts and discuss appropriate actions with management
- Adjust payments and apply discounts and refunds when needed
- Generate collections reports as needed
- 3+ years of experience in accounts receivable or billing
- Must have experience working for a healthcare or related company
- Robust knowledge and understanding of collections and billing practices
- Must be comfortable working on the phone and carry a strong phone presence
- Ability to communicate professionally with clients
- Must be detail oriented and have strong numbers skills
Meet Your Recruiter
Recruiter, Office Support Group
Jake Anderson joined our Firm as an Associate Recruiter and works directly in our Office Support Group as well as our Accounting and Finance Group, focusing on both Contract and Direct Hire placement.
Prior to joining J. Morrissey, Jake worked at Glastonbury Hills Country Club, where he used his strong work ethic and passion for building relationships to develop his skills in communication and customer service. Jake is excited to be involved with a company that enables him to assist other people in finding their passions.
Jake is a 2021 graduate from Marist College in Poughkeepsie, New York, where he graduated with a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration and a concentration in Human Resources as well as a minor in Psychology.