Opportunity Starts Here
J. Morrissey & Company can help you find a job and achieve your goals.
Rocky Hill, CT 06067 US
Location: Rocky Hill, CT
Job Type: Temp to Hire
Hours: Monday-Friday, Full time
Pay: $20-25/ hr, depending on experience
J. Morrissey & Company is in the search for a reliable, customer oriented Administrative Assistant to join the front-end team for a local small business. This opportunity is with a longstanding firm in the professional services industry and is best suited for a organized, tech savvy, and friendly administrative professional.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for clients as they enter the office and greet them in a professional and friendly manner
- Address inquiries
- Schedule and confirm appointments with clients and follow up when needed
- Manage the company’s phone line
- Maintain accurate and updated client information in CRM
- Assist in converting the office to “paperless”
- Update computer systems and software when necessary
- Processing insurance claims and producing quotes
- Assisting and leading special projects
- Using office equipment such as copier, max machine, etc.
- Taking in, opening, and distributing mail
- Other duties as assigned
- Professionalism and a customer-oriented background and attitude
- Must have strong attention to detail
- 2+ years of administrative experience
- Knowledge of Annuities and Life Insurance preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel)
Meet Your Recruiter
Recruiter, Office Support Group
Jake Anderson joined our Firm as an Associate Recruiter and works directly in our Office Support Group as well as our Accounting and Finance Group, focusing on both Contract and Direct Hire placement.
Prior to joining J. Morrissey, Jake worked at Glastonbury Hills Country Club, where he used his strong work ethic and passion for building relationships to develop his skills in communication and customer service. Jake is excited to be involved with a company that enables him to assist other people in finding their passions.
Jake is a 2021 graduate from Marist College in Poughkeepsie, New York, where he graduated with a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration and a concentration in Human Resources as well as a minor in Psychology.