Opportunity Starts Here
J. Morrissey & Company can help you find a job and achieve your goals.
Fairfield, CT 06430 US
We are looking for a polished Bookkeeper who has experience working for a bookkeeping/accounting firm to join our client's team. This is a temp to hire, remote opportunity out of Fairfield, CT. This candidate must be able to commute to Fairfield, CT and be able to start working ASAP.
We are looking for a QuickBooks expert who is skilled with client services, monthly closings, and working in accordance with GAAP. 4+ years of bookkeeping experience required.
- Accurately handle all aspects of bookkeeping using QuickBooks for multiple clients
- Maintain accurate records of financial transactions through posting journal entries to the general ledger
- Process accounts payable (AP) and accounts receivable (AR)
- Handle credit card and bank reconciliations
- Facilitate monthly closings for multiple clients
- Calculate taxes – sales, use, etc.
- Prepare financial statements
- Facilitate monthly, quarterly, and yearly reporting
- Other responsibilities as needed
- 4+ years of experience as a bookkeeper
- Bookkeepers from a bookkeeping firm are strongly preferred
- Must have QuickBooks expertise
- MS Excel
- Client services skills
- Must be able to work within the business hours of 8am and 5pm EST
- Must be able to use your own laptop to perform the duties of the job
- Must be fully authorized to work in the United States without employer sponsorship
Meet Your Recruiter
Recruiter, Office Support Group
Jake Anderson joined our Firm as an Associate Recruiter and works directly in our Office Support Group as well as our Accounting and Finance Group, focusing on both Contract and Direct Hire placement.
Prior to joining J. Morrissey, Jake worked at Glastonbury Hills Country Club, where he used his strong work ethic and passion for building relationships to develop his skills in communication and customer service. Jake is excited to be involved with a company that enables him to assist other people in finding their passions.
Jake is a 2021 graduate from Marist College in Poughkeepsie, New York, where he graduated with a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration and a concentration in Human Resources as well as a minor in Psychology.