Opportunity Starts Here
J. Morrissey & Company can help you find a job and achieve your goals.
2035 Broad Street Hartford, CT 06114
We are looking for a Bookkeeper for a growing public accounting firm in Hartford, CT. This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to work closely with the owner of the firm and the rest of staff, handling all accounting functions for the firm.
Bookkeeping duties include, but are not limited to, accurately recording all day-to-day transactions of the company, preparing financial statements, and performing general accounting functions.
- Maintain accounts by verifying, allocating, and posting transactions
- Monitor accounts by balancing entries
- Conduct and manage the general ledger
- Assist with year end preparation of compilation financial statements
- Prepare client invoices, process payments and manage receivables collection
- Process employee payroll
- Assist with office administration task
- Degree in Accounting or related field
- Basic knowledge in cash posting
- Bank reconciliation experience
- Accounts payable/ receivable experience
- General Ledger experience
- W2 and 1099 preparation
- Must be proficient in Quickbooks
- Strong familiarity with payroll
- Highly motivated with strong analytical skills and ability to work independently
Executive Recruiter, Accounting & Financial Services
Tyler Losure is an Executive Recruiter with our Accounting and Finance Group. Tyler focuses on direct hire placements across all industries, and he is responsible for representing top professionals at all levels of their accounting and finance careers.
Prior to joining J.Morrissey, Tyler worked as the Strategic Relations Coordinator at the Connecticut Society of Certified Public Accountants. There, he worked to educate and motivate college accounting majors to not only pursue accounting as a career choice but to take it a step further and complete the CPA process. Additionally, he facilitated the Societies business development efforts, acquiring and securing sponsors, vendors, and advertisers for various events and publications. Tyler also coordinated the CTCPA’s Fairfield County Young Professionals group as well as orchestrated the “Accounting Is My Major (AIM)” conferences for aspiring high school juniors and seniors.
Tyler is a current Leadership Board Member of the American Lung Association’s Northeast Chapter; actively involved with HYPE, a member of the Bushnell Young Professionals Group, and a member of the University of Hartford Rugby Alumni Association.
Tyler obtained his Masters of Arts & Science in Communications from the University of Hartford, where he also completed his bachelor’s degree in Communications.