Opportunity Starts Here
J. Morrissey & Company can help you find a job and achieve your goals.
Business Project Manager- Claims (Remote)
20 Church Street Suite 1200 Remote, CT 06103
Business Project Manager
(Contract to hire)
The Business Project Manager is responsible for leading the team to deliver the end product. You will be responsible for the strategy, the product road map, as well as the feature definition of the product in a claims environment.
- Leading the team to deliver an end product
- The product life cycle
- Works with the project manager
- Works directly with customers
- Works directly with product team
Manages the evaluation, selection, functional gap analysis, design, construction and implementation of key strategic and regulatory projects pertaining to health claims.
Is a key communicator in facilitating sessions and gathering requirements from business units across the nation.
Responsible for creating detailed project management plans in concert with key stakeholders and acting as Project Lead.
Develop project work plans and provides organizational assistance on large, complex and highly visible or complex projects.
• Coordinates and facilitates delivery of project objectives.
• Proactively communicates projects status, issues, and risks while ensuring the documentation is updated appropriately.
• Work collaboratively with all key stakeholders and staff to drive project tasks and milestones.
• Responsible for creating end-to-end project plan that includes all impacted functional areas.
• Organizes agendas and solicits topics for core team meetings.
• Ensure that all accurate information and documentation required artifacts are completed.
• Develops and executes/manages approved project work plans and budgets and arranges for necessary project resources.
Assigns work, monitors progress, ensures accountability from business and provides periodic status reports to the Project Leader Director
• Schedules and conducts meetings to review all phases of projects with assigned staff.
• Ensures that productivity, quality and timeliness of all projects are accomplished in accordance with agreed-upon timelines. Makes recommendations on improvements as appropriate.
• Initiates communication between staff and end users to ensure mutual understanding and agreement on project requirements. Meets with users to resolve problems as required.
Candidate will possess excellent communication (verbal/written), proofreading, organizational and interpersonal skills.
• Strong research and facilitation skills.
• Manage multiple tasks, be detail oriented, be responsive, and demonstrate independent thought and critical thinking.
• Ability to partner with a broad range of collaborators and stakeholders from technical staff to executive leadership.
• • Ability to analyze and resolve multiple tasks to meet tight deadlines.
• Strong attention to detail, excellent process development and strong problem-solving skills.
4-6 years Project Management experience within Insurance or Healthcare Claims
Bachelor Degree is required
PMP Certification or similar highly desired
Waterfall or Agile methodology experience preferred
Software skills: Excel, Sharepoint, or MS Project Management
Ability to perform comfortably in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment
Demonstrate a high degree of productivity while handling multiple tasks simultaneously
Excellent written, verbal, communication, and research skills
Ability to be flexible to adapt and act quickly when urgent matters require it
Send confidential resume to Krisha Morander
Contract to hire
Director, Healthcare Services & Healthcare IT
Krisha Morander, a Certified Personnel Consultant, (CPC), has over 25 years of experience in the healthcare staffing industry. She also has corporate HR Recruitment, homecare, mental health and academia background to compliment her overall knowledge of hiring talent. Krisha has been continually recognized within our agency for achieving record-high placement activity.
She places all levels of healthcare professionals within a broad spectrum of healthcare organizations across Connecticut and Massachusetts including hospitals, managed care organizations, physician practices, pharmaceutical organizations, mental health, government facilities, and long term care and rehab facilities.
Krisha also complements her searches in the areas of clinical recruitment, information technology and clinical trials & research. The blend of clinical informatics, statistics and analysis are an integrated part of measuring outcomes and data to measure surveys and scores. Krisha continues to stay connected with this evolving and complex industry through her membership with the New England Chapter of Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS).
Krisha majored in marketing with a concentration in Human Resources. Krisha’s industry knowledge, communication skills and passion for recruiting make her an invaluable recruiter here at J. Morrissey.