Opportunity Starts Here
J. Morrissey & Company can help you find a job and achieve your goals.
66 Granby St Bloomfield, CT 06002
J.Morrissey is currently hiring for a Buyer for a client located in Bloomfield, CT.
This is a full time position, and will be temp to hire for the right candidate.
The pay range for this position is $22-31 per hour, depending on experience.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Daily review of " purchasing requirement report" placing orders with various suppliers as necessary for Bloomfield inventory replenishment through our P21 ERP system electronically; reviewing replenishment method and order points on each item on the report; modifying if necessary after review. This includes a variety of foreign suppliers as well as domestic suppliers.
- Initiate secondary processes to coat uncoated inserts from inventory into various carbide insert coatings with independent coating facilities in the U.S.
- Initiate daily cycle counts with our warehouse. Analyze/reconcile the warehouse count; initiate recounts if applicable; recommend stock adjustments if necessary.
- Review of open purchase order reports by vendor. Call in orders early or expedite delivery with supplier if necessary.
- Processing foreign supplier order/invoice receipts into P21 using foreign exchange rates (EURO) and duty/freight cost modifiers.
- Update item notepad module in P21 on specific items when appropriate.
- Review of California warehouse inventory; replenish as necessary via a transfer from Bloomfield. Initiate and reconcile California inventory counts quarterly. Review and recall non-moving product periodically.
- Generate various inventory management reports as necessary through the established P21 external report system.
- Significant interfacing with our customer service dept. regarding out of stock delivery dates for customers, lead times, pricing on special items, etc.
- Periodic review of " unvouchered" orders. (Orders where the product was received & according to our records, no invoice was received by our accounting dept.).
- Understanding of the supplier maintenance module, various tabs; including complete supplier set-up & ongoing maintenance as necessary.
- Understanding of the item maintenance module; all functionality.
- Periodic ABC class ranking (item ranking review)
- Significant interfacing mostly by phone with our product VP' s and outside sales force regarding various topics including outside sales request for demo/consignment stock. (Initiate item transfers).
- Quarterly review and reconciliation of salesman' s consignment stock.
- Other responsibilities as assigned
Qualifications include, but are not limited to:
- At least 2-4 years of relevant work experience
- Previous experience using ERP business process software (EPICOR preferred)
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, and strong keyboard skills
- Emphasis on customer service and satisfaction
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy, and follow through
- CRM software experience – a plus
- Experience within the industrial distribution and/or manufacturing industry – a plus
- Knowledge of indexable carbide milling tools – a plus
- Knowledge of Epicor Prophet 21 “ P21” EPR Distribution software – a plus
For immediate consideration, please submit your resume directly to this posting
Staffing Manager, Office & Financial Support
Jenny Sand has over 4 years of experience in the staffing industry and is a Staffing Manager with our Office Support team. She primarily focuses on temporary and temporary-to-hire placements of office and financial professionals across all industries.
Prior to joining J.Morrissey, Jenny worked at a large international staffing firm where she sourced and filled temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct placement positions across a variety of industries including office support, financial services, light and heavy industrial, food service and more. While there, she managed the hiring process for a large financial firm, hiring upwards of 100 - 150 temporary employees for tax form processing. She was consistently recognized for placing qualified candidates and providing exceptional client and candidate service.
Jenny is actively involved with Soldier Solutions LLC, an organization that helps spread awareness for the struggles that disabled veterans face and assists in helping them receive service dogs. She received her Associate’s Degree in Business Management from SUNY Broome.