Opportunity Starts Here
J. Morrissey & Company can help you find a job and achieve your goals.
311 Prestige Park Drive East Hartford, CT 06108
J.Morrissey is currently hiring for multiple 2nd shift CNC Machinists for a specialty metals client located in East Hartford, CT.
This is a direct hire position with our client.
The pay range for this position is $23-28 per hour, depending on experience plus competitive benefits
Shift Hours: Monday – Friday 3: 00pm – 11: 00pm
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Utilizes work instructions, operation sheets, setup sheets, 1st piece, in-process check sheets and other materials from supervisors
- Sets up various machines with correct tooling, fixtures, speeds, etc.
- Operates machines to make forgings in different types of metals
- Loads/Unloads pieces manually or with a hoist.
- Maintains machines, applying coolant lubricant and changing worn or damaged tools as required
- Utilize precision or standard measuring devices such as micrometers, dial indicators, venire scales, frame gauges, profile meters, etc. to maintain quality.
- Reads and interprets drawings, tool setup sheets, manufacturing instructions, and blueprints
- Other responsibilities as assigned
Qualifications include, but are not limited to:
- Minimum of 5 years CNC experience, preferably within an Aerospace Manufacturing environment and/or machine operator training program completion
- Strong background with the usage and care of precision measuring tools and equipment
- Ability to read and understand blueprints, engineering documents, inspection manuals, and procedures
- Demonstrates an understanding of related aerospace ISO and AS requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent
For immediate consideration, please submit your resume directly to this posting
Staffing Manager, Office & Financial Support
Jenny Sand has over 4 years of experience in the staffing industry and is a Staffing Manager with our Office Support team. She primarily focuses on temporary and temporary-to-hire placements of office and financial professionals across all industries.
Prior to joining J.Morrissey, Jenny worked at a large international staffing firm where she sourced and filled temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct placement positions across a variety of industries including office support, financial services, light and heavy industrial, food service and more. While there, she managed the hiring process for a large financial firm, hiring upwards of 100 - 150 temporary employees for tax form processing. She was consistently recognized for placing qualified candidates and providing exceptional client and candidate service.
Jenny is actively involved with Soldier Solutions LLC, an organization that helps spread awareness for the struggles that disabled veterans face and assists in helping them receive service dogs. She received her Associate’s Degree in Business Management from SUNY Broome.