Opportunity Starts Here
J. Morrissey & Company can help you find a job and achieve your goals.
333 E River Drive East Hartford, CT
J.Morrissey is currently hiring for a CNC Programmer for a client located in East Granby, CT.
This is a direct hire position with our client.
The pay range for this position is $110, 000 - $130, 000 annually, depending on experience.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Required to be able to write macros & subroutines, perform POSTs and NX CAD Vericut programming.
- Expert in interpreting the GD&T (standards ASME Y 14.5, JES 161).
- Knowledge in Measurements system analysis (MSA).
- Hands on experience in various machining, involving CNC and conventional methods and assembly techniques.
- Provide manufacturing engineering solutions in the areas of process planning, shop support activities and project leadership.
- Provide engineering support to customer' s manufacturing & assembly organizations to trouble shoot and resolve technical problems.
- Program Milling, Turning Horizontal & Vertical, Grinding, optional 5 and 6 axis programming (not needed, but a bonus).
- Recommend and select proper tooling and fixture setups needed to obtain desired fit and finish for the customers products.
- Represent management in Customer meetings / discussion and liaise the KPI /CSAT buy offs.
- Coach junior team members, evaluate their skill level and assist in developing their training plan.
- Develop and update work instructions to implement best practices / lessons learned and ensure repeatability.
- Support project management and program management to quote and close work packages.
- Good knowledge on Quality Notifications, containment procedures and traceability techniques.
- Familiarity with CMM (not needed, but a bonus), and CAM offline/ online programming.
- Expert in G code & M code editing and programming.
- Knowledgeable in methods of inspection & Gauging concepts.
- Data collection and Analysis using QC tools and other SPC techniques.
- Experience/knowledge in APQP, PPAP, LEAN & 5S management.
- Exposure to Aero/ Auto industry is preferred.
- Familiar with aerospace/auto quality requirements (AS9100, OSHAS, TS 16949, various ISO ).
- Familiar with NADCAP programs for Aero space (Civil & Defense) parts.
Qualifications include, but are not limited to:
- BS in Manufacturing, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering preferred.
- 4-8 years Minimum hands on experience in Manufacturing Engineering
- Programming experience required (NX, Mastercam, etc.).
- Passion for developing technical and business solutions.
- Substantial amounts of telephone and computer work.
- Flexibility to meet business deadlines by staying late or arriving early.
- Ability to use personal transportation to visit customer locations.
For immediate consideration, please submit your resume directly to this posting
Staffing Manager, Office & Financial Support
Jenny Sand has over 4 years of experience in the staffing industry and is a Staffing Manager with our Office Support team. She primarily focuses on temporary and temporary-to-hire placements of office and financial professionals across all industries.
Prior to joining J.Morrissey, Jenny worked at a large international staffing firm where she sourced and filled temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct placement positions across a variety of industries including office support, financial services, light and heavy industrial, food service and more. While there, she managed the hiring process for a large financial firm, hiring upwards of 100 - 150 temporary employees for tax form processing. She was consistently recognized for placing qualified candidates and providing exceptional client and candidate service.
Jenny is actively involved with Soldier Solutions LLC, an organization that helps spread awareness for the struggles that disabled veterans face and assists in helping them receive service dogs. She received her Associate’s Degree in Business Management from SUNY Broome.