Opportunity Starts Here
J. Morrissey & Company can help you find a job and achieve your goals.
Cat scan Technician
280 Chestnut Street Springfield, MA 01104 US
2nd shift w/ weekend rotation
Under the supervision of a certified CT technologist, in conjunction with a Radiologist, and according to established policies and procedures, operates CT equipment as required, to obtain diagnostic images according to Radiologist specifications. The CT Tech performs CT exams in compliance with regulatory agencies and hospital policies and procedures. The incumbent selects appropriate imaging parameters according to the knowledge of standard settings to produce CT exams of diagnostic quality with 90-95% accuracy. Under the supervision of a certified CT technologist assists radiologist in specialized exams such as biopsies, ablation, and abscess drainage. Consistently follows proper patient screening/care protocols and provides accurate documentation associated with each exam while supporting expedited patient throughput and diagnosis. Learns to operate multi-slice Computed Tomography (CT) scanners to produce cross-sectional radiographs of patient's body for diagnostic purposes by performing the following duties. Safe operation and care of CT equipment and exposure of patients to radiation for diagnostic information. Must be able to provide professional and quality care while following hospital policies, procedures and standards. Performs all duties of a CT technologist on a daily basis and provides direct patient care to patients ranging in age from pediatric through geriatric. Perform a variety of technical procedures that will require independent judgment with ingenuity and initiative to supply prescribed ionizing radiation for radiographic diagnosis.
This description covers the essential functions of the position. Incumbent is expected to perform other similar and related duties as assigned. Management has the right to change or add to the job responsibilities at any time.
1) Learn sound knowledge and proficiency in the use of CT Scan equipment.
2) Under the direct supervision of a certified CT technologist, perform CT exams as per protocol on a variety of different body parts in a timely manner.
3) Under the direct supervision of a certified CT technologist, complete appropriate history forms, technologist exam sheet and check labs when necessary.
4) Under the direct supervision of a certified CT technologist, properly identifies patient information using two patient identifiers and complies to the National Patient Safety Goals standards, ARRT Code of Ethics Standards, and embodies the Cultural Compass. Performs procedure as outlined in the job description and practices the ALARA principle at all times.
5) Under the direct supervision of a certified CT technologist, performs accurate and high quality exams by using the ALARA principle to assure proper technique, positioning and visualization of the appropriate anatomy requested.
6) Under the direct supervision of a certified CT technologist, responsible for accurately inputting data, demographics and information into computer information systems, e.g., RIS, Synapse, Radnet and verifies timely transfer of images to the PACS system.
7) Under the direct supervision of a certified CT technologist, reviews authorization /requisition and other companion paperwork to verify type of examination to be performed, to be alert for contra-indicators and suspected pathologies with 90-95% accuracy. Ensures proper imaging/treatment procedures by checking with nursing personnel, physicians and/or radiologists whenever questionable exams are ordered.
8) Under the direct supervision of a certified CT technologist, explains nature of procedure completely and in laymen terms, in order to allay apprehension and elicit cooperation. Validates that patient understands procedure by questioning or other means.
9) Learns the ability to start I.V.s independently and administer contrast media with power injector.
10) Under the direct supervision of a certified CT technologist, performs quality checks on equipment in accordance with departmental procedures and and takes appropriate action to expedite necessary service or repair.
Required Work Experience:
1) Satisfactory completion of a formal radiologic technology program in an AMA approved school preferred.
2) Must have the ability to work independently and be self-motivated.
3) Must obtain CT license within one year of completion of training.
Preferred Work Experience:
1) Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities as well as possession of any required licenses or certifications is qualifying.
Skills and Competencies:
Meet Your Recruiter
Director of Staffing Services, Healthcare and Office Services, Springfield Office
Melissa Cartier is an Account Manager in our J. Morrissey Springfield Office. Melissa brings to us several years of career services and counseling experience to the J. Morrissey team. Melissa works with large and small companies in the Springfield area, and is responsible for managing new and current clients as well as recruiting and onboarding temporary candidates for temporary positions.
Prior to joining J. Morrissey, Melissa was the Director of Career Services at Premier Education Group where she performed various career development functions and achieved company benchmark placement rates. Melissa started her career as a Certified Medical Assistant, which has provided her with valuable insights into the healthcare industry and has helped her form strong connections with her clients and candidates.
In addition to her passion for recruiting and building relationships, Melissa volunteers her time public speaking in schools where she delivers presentations on career development and growth. Melissa also belongs to the Chicopee Chamber of Commerce. Her industry knowledge, commitment to quality service, and enthusiasm for people make her an invaluable member of the J. Morrissey team.