Opportunity Starts Here
J. Morrissey & Company can help you find a job and achieve your goals.
Chief Financial Officer
We are actively recruiting for a Chief Financial Officer to join a leading manufacturer in the aerospace industry. This position will head up all of the company’ s accounting and finance efforts. The CFO must meet high standards of financial and commercial management, along with personal integrity, to contribute to the organization’ s growth and success of its strategy.
Using all available efforts, the Chief Financial Officer should work to ensure a continuously improving finance function.
- Play an active, hands-on role in all financial matters relating to the operation and to participate in the management of the business as a key member of the management team.
- Take ownership for the financial and management accounts, treasury and risk management and compliance with the Group accounting policies and instructions.
- Remain commercially and financially aware so as to anticipate and communicate changes to promote a ‘ no surprise’ environment in both operational and financial reporting.
- Ensure accounting records conform to legal and statutory requirements and that they are in accordance with the needs of local reporting
- Systems and controls are in place to achieve integrity of accounting records and protect company assets and that proper controls are in place for asset and liability management
- Establish analytical management accounts appropriate to the needs of the business and to improve profitability and confidence in the ability to forecast profit and cash
- Produce monthly results that include comparisons to budgets, forecasts and prior year, by product group and cost center
- Control the cash flow of the company in line with the objective of delivering the budgeted cash flow
- Minimum of ten (10) years of relevant finance and leadership experience
- CPA or comparable advanced degree strongly preferred
- Strong background in manufacturing and related industries
- Effective and efficient written and oral communication skills
Executive Recruiter, Accounting & Financial Services
Tyler Losure is an Executive Recruiter with our Accounting and Finance Group. Tyler focuses on direct hire placements across all industries, and he is responsible for representing top professionals at all levels of their accounting and finance careers.
Prior to joining J.Morrissey, Tyler worked as the Strategic Relations Coordinator at the Connecticut Society of Certified Public Accountants. There, he worked to educate and motivate college accounting majors to not only pursue accounting as a career choice but to take it a step further and complete the CPA process. Additionally, he facilitated the Societies business development efforts, acquiring and securing sponsors, vendors, and advertisers for various events and publications. Tyler also coordinated the CTCPA’s Fairfield County Young Professionals group as well as orchestrated the “Accounting Is My Major (AIM)” conferences for aspiring high school juniors and seniors.
Tyler is a current Leadership Board Member of the American Lung Association’s Northeast Chapter; actively involved with HYPE, a member of the Bushnell Young Professionals Group, and a member of the University of Hartford Rugby Alumni Association.
Tyler obtained his Masters of Arts & Science in Communications from the University of Hartford, where he also completed his bachelor’s degree in Communications.