Opportunity Starts Here
J. Morrissey & Company can help you find a job and achieve your goals.
Chief Financial Officer
Fairfield County, CT 06840 | Direct Hire
CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER OPPORTUNITY
Our client, one of the most esteemed continued-care organizations in Connecticut that is pioneering the standard of eldercare in the Northeast, is looking for its next Chief Financial Officer. They offer a continuum of care that flows fluidly within a single organization, without any expensive buy-in fees or long-term commitments. They offer an array of eldercare choices ranging from 160+ residential and/or inpatient units, outpatient programs, and community-based services to meet the varied needs and preferences of older adults and their families.
The Chief Financial Officer is an exciting opportunity for a vibrant, forward-thinking, leader to work collaboratively with the Executive Director and the Board of Directors to build on the traditions and success of the organization.
Chief Financial Officer’ s responsibilities include:
- Directs and oversees all of the financial activity of the organization, including the functioning of the Accounting Department.
- Directing the fiscal functions of the organization in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), State and Federal regulatory guidelines, and practices appropriate to the healthcare industry.
- Provides ongoing input to the Executive Director and the Board of Directors on financial matters and administration and participates in the Strategic Planning Process.
- Develops and recommends annual reporting, capital budgets, and income forecasts.
- Defines key financial objectives, supporting their achievement and measuring/reporting their results.
- Prepare reports detailing the organization’ s financial position, including assets and liabilities and income and expense, based on historical, current, and planned future operations to ensure control of revenue, expenditures, and conservation of assets.
This position will also have an externally facing component, as they will represent the organization to various outside entities and may be required to speak at public hearings or other public forums. In addition the Chief Financial Officer will play a key role in meeting with patients and their families to understand and assess financial information as well as provide support regarding their expectations from a financial standpoint.
Candidates who wish to be considered will be required to participate in J.Morrissey’ s comprehensive search process and will have the following credentials:
- Minimum of ten (10) years of relative experience, preferably in healthcare.
- MBA, CPA, comparable advanced degree, or equivalent experience.
- Strong background in long term care accounting, reimbursement, financial reporting and regulatory filing and compliance.
- Effective and efficient written and oral communication skills.
For confidential inquiries, please contact:
Erik J. Morrissey, CPA, J.Morrissey & Company, Inc.
(860)925-6000 Ext. 102 – ErikM@JMorrissey.com
Tyler J. Losure, J.Morrissey & Company, Inc.
(860)925-6000 Ext. 104 – TylerL@JMorrissey.com
Erik Morrissey, CPA
Vice President, Accounting & Financial Services Group
Erik J. Morrissey, CPA, leads our Accounting and Finance Group, focusing on direct hire placements across all industries. Erik is responsible for representing top talented accounting and finance professionals at all levels of their careers.
Prior to joining J. Morrissey, Erik was an Experienced Audit Senior with CohnReznick LLP and worked with clients in manufacturing, distribution, healthcare, professional services, educational, and not-for-profit. As lead auditor on his engagements, he was able to learn various management styles and organizational structures which allows him to better understand the true needs of his clients as a recruiter. His knowledge of the accounting industry enables him to communicate effectively with his candidates to ensure the right fit for both parties.
Erik is actively involved in the Cherish the Children Foundation; serves on the Board of the Windsor Chamber of Commerce as Vice President – Community Relations; serves on the CTCPA Golf Tournament Interest Group and the CTCPA Future Professional Accountant Committee; Serves on the Bushnell Young Professionals Advisory Group and on the Post University Accounting Advisory Board.
Erik is also a member of the Healthcare Financial Management Association, Greater New Haven Chamber of Commerce and Glastonbury Hills Country Club.
Erik obtained his Bachelor’s degree in Accounting from Bryant University in Smithfield, Rhode Island. He also has his Master’s Degree in Accounting from Post University and is a Certified Public Accountant.