Opportunity Starts Here
J. Morrissey & Company can help you find a job and achieve your goals.
Citrix Xenapp-MCSE-Systems Engineer
282 Washington Street cromwell, CT 06457
PCitrix Xenapp-MCSE-Systems Engineer
- Provide direct technical support for all requirements in the planning, coordination, programming and implementation of releases, upgrades, or changes to the server and storage environment.
Monitor database performance and implement performance tuning.
- Develop close working relationship with systems teams and peers.
- Collaborative working relationships with outside technology vendors and contractors/consultants.
- Analyze hardware required to meet strategic growth and development objectives related to technology and make recommendations.
- Document database design as well as problems, and resolution for future reference.
- Plans and implements major software upgrades, ensuring change management procedures and methodologies are implemented and followed.
- Provides 3rd level support and architectural design for the technical infrastructure environment of the organization
- Responsible for capacity planning, performance reporting, new application design and technical planning for all technology needs.
- Responsible for one or more of the following:
- Messaging application environment -- MS Exchange, Lync
- VmWare virtualization platform -- vSphere, Veeam, SRM
- Citrix Environment -- Xenapp, Netscaler
- Microsoft Server Environment -- Active Directory, SCCM, SCOM, Service Manager
- Enterprise Storage Area Network (SAN) Arrays
- Desktop Client architecture
- Responsible for the technical scoping and planning with technical staff, application staff, and project management.
- Proof of concept design and review.
- Provides support to application analysts during build and test.
- Coordinates deployment into production
- Monitors, patches and maintains through the lifecycle process
- Secures and hardens infrastructure by applying best practice security methodologies
- Technology roadmap planning and testing for future computing platforms
- Requires impeccable attention to detail and thorough technical documentation maintenance
- Performs 24/7 on-call support on a rotational basis
Policies and procedures related to functional unit(s) supported
Windows Server 2008, 2012, 2016, VMware 6.x, SQL 2012/2016, AD, DFS, DNS, DHCP, Citrix, SQL mirroring, Cache, load balancing, IIS, Powershell, VBscripting, enterprise backup software, SCOM, SCCM
Administrative scripting skills for automating routine administrative/operational tasks
Knowledge of project development life cycle methodologies desired
Attention to detail and solid presentation skills
Handle a fast paced, high volume environment,
Plan, implement and support database designs to support business applications.
Strong analytical abilities and professional office experience required.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor' s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology
- 5 Years of in-depth experience with designing, managing and supporting messaging environments, managing and supporting SAN arrays and associated supporting equipment (SAN fabric, switches, etc)
- Expertise with VMware Vsphere
- Expertise with Windows server products and client/server architecture
- Expertise with Citrix Xenapp
- Licenses and Certifications
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE): Windows Server 2012+, VCP, CCA/CCEA/CCIA
Location Cromwell, CT area
Monday - Friday 8: 00AM to 4: 30PM (partial remote after probation period)
Send resume to Krisha Morander
Director, Healthcare Services & Healthcare IT
Krisha Morander, a Certified Personnel Consultant, (CPC), has over 25 years of experience in the healthcare staffing industry. She also has corporate HR Recruitment, homecare, mental health and academia background to compliment her overall knowledge of hiring talent. Krisha has been continually recognized within our agency for achieving record-high placement activity.
She places all levels of healthcare professionals within a broad spectrum of healthcare organizations across Connecticut and Massachusetts including hospitals, managed care organizations, physician practices, pharmaceutical organizations, mental health, government facilities, and long term care and rehab facilities.
Krisha also complements her searches in the areas of clinical recruitment, information technology and clinical trials & research. The blend of clinical informatics, statistics and analysis are an integrated part of measuring outcomes and data to measure surveys and scores. Krisha continues to stay connected with this evolving and complex industry through her membership with the New England Chapter of Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS).
Krisha majored in marketing with a concentration in Human Resources. Krisha’s industry knowledge, communication skills and passion for recruiting make her an invaluable recruiter here at J. Morrissey.