Opportunity Starts Here
J. Morrissey & Company can help you find a job and achieve your goals.
Clinical Research Assistant
221 Whitney Avenue Hamden, CT 06514
Clinical Research Assistant
Clinical Research Assistant will participate in a variety of administrative activities associated with the conduct of the clinical trials process.
Assist in administrative functions for clinical protocols including patient eligibility, scheduling, and enrollment following strict guidelines requiring meticulous attention to detail.
- Enrolls patients for potential trial Phase 1 and Phase 11 clinical trials.
- Obtains consent forms on participants accordance with protocol criteria.
- Coordinates the recruitment phase through the patient ending treatment and through the next follow up phase.
- Confirms patient eligibility
Required Education, Experience, and Skills:
Minimum of two years experience in clinical research/clinical trials -Required
Bachelor’ s degree -Required
Additional Clinical background such as a Pharmacy Technician, Phlebotomy technician or Certified Medical Assistant- highly desirable.
Knowledge of EMR and EPIC highly preferred
Knowledge of federal regulations for HIPAA, IRB forms, patient consent forms, GCP Good Clinical Practice or regulatory forms, and other clinical protocols documents.
- Proven experience working in Clinical Research or Clinical Trials setting
- Prior skills of high-level decision making under a fast paced environment.
- Working knowledge of medical oncology or cancer terminology highly preferred
- Proven ability to multi-task, prior work was in a confidential manner using HIPAA guidelines, extremely organized and meticulous with details.
- Impeccable interpersonal skills
- Flexible and able to work within a structured and non structured fast paced environment.
- Advanced computer skills with Excel, Word, and competence with electronic medical databases such as EMR-EPIC or similar.
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical industry and research laboratories helpful.
- Biotechnology, Life Science
Preferred Licenses or Certifications:
Certification as a Clinical Research Associate or Clinical Research Professional (ACRP or SOCRA preferred)
Multiple locations- Hamden, North Haven, Trumbull, CT.
Send resume to Krisha Morander
Director, Healthcare Services & Healthcare IT
Krisha Morander, a Certified Personnel Consultant, (CPC), has over 25 years of experience in the healthcare staffing industry. She also has corporate HR Recruitment, homecare, mental health and academia background to compliment her overall knowledge of hiring talent. Krisha has been continually recognized within our agency for achieving record-high placement activity.
She places all levels of healthcare professionals within a broad spectrum of healthcare organizations across Connecticut and Massachusetts including hospitals, managed care organizations, physician practices, pharmaceutical organizations, mental health, government facilities, and long term care and rehab facilities.
Krisha also complements her searches in the areas of clinical recruitment, information technology and clinical trials & research. The blend of clinical informatics, statistics and analysis are an integrated part of measuring outcomes and data to measure surveys and scores. Krisha continues to stay connected with this evolving and complex industry through her membership with the New England Chapter of Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS).
Krisha majored in marketing with a concentration in Human Resources. Krisha’s industry knowledge, communication skills and passion for recruiting make her an invaluable recruiter here at J. Morrissey.