Opportunity Starts Here
J. Morrissey & Company can help you find a job and achieve your goals.
Clinical Research Nurse
POSITION TITLE: CLINICAL RESEARCH RN
Are you an RN with recent acute care, hands-on experience? Are you tired of 12 hour shifts, rotating shifts and days off, working evenings, nights, holidays? Would you like a M-F, 8-5 position in a specialized clinic that works collaboratively with a unique and exciting Team?
The Clinical Research RN position offers generous benefits, healthcare, dental & vision that start Day 1, 401K after 90 days-generous match, flexible sick time, subsidized parking, FSA, life insurance, disability…
The Clinical Research Nurse is responsible for coordinating the study and data management of the selected subjects (patients) in specific clinical trials. The Clinical Research RN position will focus on managing the patient enrollment, consistency of the study, data management and compliance with regulatory requirements and reporting. The position interacts with subjects, clinical research staff and staff from the regulatory and data management areas of the Clinic, made up of MD’ s, PA’ s and RN’ s.
- Responsible for scheduling the Clinic study (patient) participants
- Assists with study procedures, including the administration of investigational drugs, performance of investigational imaging procedures and lumbar punctures
- Complete study visit activities include EKGs, phlebotomy (blood draws), and vital signs and related documentation and follow up
- Participate from study intake, assessment and initiation through discharge (weeks, months, years per study)
- May observe and coach junior research staff
- Bachelor’ s Degree in registered nursing
- Current Connecticut state licensure as a Registered Nurse
- Recent clinical skills, prefferably in acute or sub-acute care environment
- Solid understanding of Clinical Research
- Experience with EKG' s, Blood Draws, and taking Vital Signs
- Knowledge of Good Clinical Practices (GCP) and other Regulations
***FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ON THIS AND OTHER HEALTHCARE OPPORTUNITIES AVAIALBLE PLEASE SUBMIT CURRENT RESUME***
Connie Merritt, CPC
Senior Executive Recruiter, Healthcare Services
Connie Merritt, a Senior Executive Recruiter in our Healthcare Services Group, has been placing J.Morrissey candidates across Connecticut and Western Massachusetts for nearly 20 years bringing previous recruiting experience with her. She is responsible for the direct hire placement of clinical and non-clinical healthcare professionals in a wide variety of environments.
Connie began her career as a Certified Laboratory Technician in acute care, private, and insurance environments. Her professional experience also includes twenty years in Retail Management, Sales, Corporate Training and Business Ownership.
She is a graduate of the Dale Carnegie Course in Public Speaking. She is currently a Senior Executive Healthcare Recruiter, a Certified Personnel Consultant and member of the National Association of Personnel Consultants and the Connecticut Association of Personnel Consultants. She has been a member of the Connecticut Women in Health Care Management, Inc. Association and served as Membership Chair from 2002 - 2010.
Connie believes that “a person does not care how much you know until they know how much you care”. This belief has led Connie to years of continual success with her unwavering commitment servicing the needs of clients and candidates, thus yielding successful placement of career driven individuals and fulfilling the increasing hiring challenges our clients face today.