Opportunity Starts Here
J. Morrissey & Company can help you find a job and achieve your goals.
Clinical Trials -Cancer research Assistant
221 Whitney Avenue Hamden, CT 06514
Clinical Trials Research Assistant
Clinical Trials Research Assistant will be under the direct supervision of the Clinical Trial Project Manager and Principle Investigator (s), participates in a variety of administrative activities associated with the conduct of the clinical trials process.
- Assist in administrative activity related to clinical protocol, schedules, and eligibility criteria prior to patient recruitment and enrollment.
- Assist in the enrollment of potential trial participants.
- Certify informed consent is obtained and maintained in accordance with specific protocol criteria.
- Coordinate patient/subject care from the recruitment phase through the patient/subject coming off the treatment and through the follow up phase.
- Confirm Patient eligibility and discuss discrepancies with research nurse and physicians.
- Enroll study participants by collecting source documentation and using the established sponsor or physician initiated databases required for registration.
Required Education, Experience, and Skills:
Minimum of two years experience in clinical research/clinical trials -Required
Bachelor’ s degree -Required
Additional Clinical background such as a Pharmacy Technician, LPN or Certified Medical Assistant- highly desirable.
Knowledge of EMR and EPIC highly preferred
Knowledge of federal regulations for HIPAA, IRB forms, patient consent forms, regulatory forms, and other clinical protocols documents.
Additional experience necessary:
- Proven experience working in Clinical Trials setting and the ability to make high-level decisions under a fast paced environment.
- Working knowledge of medical oncology or cancer terminology highly preferred
- Proven ability to multi-task, maintain confidentiality, extremely organized and meticulous with details.
- Impeccable interpersonal skills and the ability to work as a team, as well as, independently .
- Experience working with a study sponsor personnel a plus
- Advanced computer skills with Excel, Word, and competence with electronic medical databases such as EMR-EPIC or similar.
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical industry and research laboratories helpful.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high volume environment
- Biotechnology, Life Science
Preferred Licenses or Certifications:
Certification as a Clinical Research Associate or Clinical Research Professional (ACRP or SOCRA preferred)
Multiple locations- Hamden, North Haven, Trumbull, CT.
Send resume to Krisha Morander
Director, Healthcare Services & Healthcare IT
Krisha Morander, a Certified Personnel Consultant, (CPC), has over 25 years of experience in the healthcare staffing industry. She also has corporate HR Recruitment, homecare, mental health and academia background to compliment her overall knowledge of hiring talent. Krisha has been continually recognized within our agency for achieving record-high placement activity.
She places all levels of healthcare professionals within a broad spectrum of healthcare organizations across Connecticut and Massachusetts including hospitals, managed care organizations, physician practices, pharmaceutical organizations, mental health, government facilities, and long term care and rehab facilities.
Krisha also complements her searches in the areas of clinical recruitment, information technology and clinical trials & research. The blend of clinical informatics, statistics and analysis are an integrated part of measuring outcomes and data to measure surveys and scores. Krisha continues to stay connected with this evolving and complex industry through her membership with the New England Chapter of Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS).
Krisha majored in marketing with a concentration in Human Resources. Krisha’s industry knowledge, communication skills and passion for recruiting make her an invaluable recruiter here at J. Morrissey.