Opportunity Starts Here
J. Morrissey & Company can help you find a job and achieve your goals.
Clinical Trials-Patient Research Coordinator
221 Whitney Avenue North Haven, CT | Direct Hire
Clinical Trials-Research Coordinator
Clinical trials are the research and studies conducted on patients who participate on a voluntary basis. The goals are to study new treatments methods to find better ways to prevent, screen for, diagnose, or treat cancer
Clinical Trials-Research Coordinator will be responsible for planning, tracking, and ensuring that the clinical activities for study participants are conducted in accordance with approved protocols for cancer patients. These studies include the discovery of mutations in genes and DNA that cause cancer; analysis of genomic changes.
Maintains a case load and will be responsible to uphold extensive patient confidentiality and patient interaction.
Reviews patient information for eligibility requirements to become a clinical trial recipient.
These activities include, patient screening, eligibility determination, registration and other protocols on their medical history.
The Coordinator will have direct patient contact and will be responsible for managing a multitude clinical trials including screening, verifying eligibility by health screening and assessments.
Attends meetings and presents issues when necessary that were identified during review.
Serves as a resource to investigators, and other Managers in various disease groups.
Ensures accuracy and follows federal and state regulations of new guidance, updates, or policies.
Will follow patient through various trial phases and document progress, risks and reactions to allow clinicians to look for new causes for drug effectiveness or drug resistance.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’ s degree
- Three years of related clinical trials and research experience.
- Demonstrated ability to create and follow research project related supporting documents.
- Proven ability to schedule and coordinate research activities and work with a team to develop action items and other means to keep projects moving along according to timeline.
- Demonstrated ability to report on the status of project deliverables and draft and submit project updates to the study sponsor.
- Strong clinical and analytical skills in oncology and cancer center environments.
- Proven ability to evaluate and assess subject’ s suitability for inclusion into studies, obtain informed consent, determine patient eligibility and coordinate patient enrollment.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the proven ability to communicate effectively.
- Minimum two years of Oncology clinical trial experience.
- Preferred Certifications: Certified Clinical Research Professional (CCRP) or equivalent.
- Background Checks required
Send resume to Krisha Morander
Full time salaried 60-65K
M-F –(37.5 Hours)
Director, Healthcare & Healthcare IT
Krisha Morander, a Certified Personnel Consultant, (CPC), has over 25 years of experience in the healthcare staffing industry. She also has corporate HR Recruitment, homecare, mental health and academia background to compliment her overall knowledge of hiring talent. Krisha has been continually recognized within our agency for achieving record-high placement activity.
She places all levels of healthcare professionals within a broad spectrum of healthcare organizations across Connecticut and Massachusetts including hospitals, managed care organizations, physician practices, pharmaceutical organizations, mental health, government facilities, and long term care and rehab facilities.
In addition to her passion for clinical recruitment, Krisha also compliments her searches in the area of Information Technology. The blend of Clinical Informatics, statistics and analysis are an integrated part of measuring outcomes and data to measure surveys and scores. Krisha continues to stay connected with this evolving and complex industry through her membership with the New England Chapter of Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS).
Krisha majored in marketing with a concentration in Human Resources. Krisha’s industry knowledge, communication skills and passion for recruiting make her an invaluable recruiter here at J. Morrissey.