Opportunity Starts Here
J. Morrissey & Company can help you find a job and achieve your goals.
Community Health FQHC Grants Analyst
East Haven, CT 06512 US
One of Connecticut’s Community Health organizations has a newly created role supporting Grant Funding allocations focused on creating reports that provide where the allocations of funding are aligned. The mission of the community Health Care Organization provides affordable primary care to all patients, regardless of insurance status or ability to pay.
- Maintain accurate grant related records, reconcile accounts, and close out grants
- Notify sponsors with regards to outstanding Grant receivables/funds
- Assist with the reconciliations of the general ledger, bank statements and grant making systems and follow up with open items
- Works on various grant related projects including Federal Grant Analysis on a quarterly, annual and ad-hoc basis to determine projected forecasting spends and reviewing the general ledger
- Ensure timely preparation and submission of monthly expenditure justifications
- Monitors aging receivables and performs outreach to funders to resolve barriers to prompt receivables payments.
- Grants Billing and Reporting Analyst for 330 HRSA Grant Funding with responsibilities for contract invoicing and reporting, collections, budget tracking, and budget modifications. The position interfaces externally with government funders to ensure accurate and timely invoicing and smooth monitoring visits
- Collaborates with program personnel to ensure optimal grant financial performance, and engages with the accounting and payroll teams to ensure that financial objectives are met
- Develops and monitors FFR Federal Financial Reports on cumulative expenses incurred under each award
- Additional related responsibilities as necessary
- Bachelor degree in healthcare administration, accounting or finance; Master’s preferred
- Required experience managing federal, state and city grants from the Public Health Services Act / Community Health Centers is the Health Center Program (330 Grant funding)and Grants SF-425 Federal Financial Report
- 5 or more years of grant accounting or non-profit FQHC accounting background
- Advanced Excel skills including pivoting tables
- Proven experience in grant reporting using Excel and Sage software
- Strong knowledge of grant portfolio’s and contract regulations, compliance requirements, and financial statements
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with attention to detail
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skill
- Proficiency in project management and database management software
- Managing grants invoicing and managing the invoice support documentation process with AP and Payroll resources, and the coordination of grant-related expense reclassifications with Program staff, AP, and the payroll department.
- Experience with complex billing and reporting to ensure fiscal compliance and optimal grant performance
- Full time Agency Funded position.
- Mon-Fri (On-site) May have the ability to work remote one day a week after a few months.
- Health Benefits/403 Retirement /PTO/Free Parking
- Salary 90-100K depending on experience
- Attn: Krisha Morander, CPC | KrishaM@jmorrissey.com
Meet Your Recruiter
Krisha Morander, CPC
Vice President, Healthcare & Information Technology
Krisha joined J Morrissey in 2004 placing healthcare professionals in clinical and non-clinical roles on a direct hire basis. She is a hands-on Recruiter who specializes in Clinical Informatics and Traditional Information Technology recruitment both in direct hire and contract placements.
Krisha also complements her searches in the areas of nursing, psych, and clinical trials & research, Billing, Data Analyst, Mid to Director Level and C Level. She continues to stay connected with the evolving and complex industry through her membership with the New England Chapter of Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS).
She formerly was an Admissions Officer, assisting students for entrance to The Univ of Saint Joseph's School of Pharmacy and was a Lead Staffing Coordinator for New England Home care and Health Resources earlier in her career.
Krisha has been continually recognized within our agency for achieving record-high placement activity.
Krisha majored in marketing with a concentration in Human Resources. Krisha’s industry knowledge, communication skills and passion for recruiting make her an invaluable recruiter here at J. Morrissey.