Opportunity Starts Here
J. Morrissey & Company can help you find a job and achieve your goals.
Hartford, CT 06101 US
Location: Hartford, CT
Job Type: Direct Hire
Salary: $130,000-$150,000, depending on experience
Our client is seeking an experienced and personable Controller to be responsible for overseeing the finance, accounting, and reporting activities within this longstanding CT based company. The Controller will develop, recommend, and maintain strategies for improving internal controls and oversee the entire accounting department.
- Prepare all financial statements – monthly, quarterly, and annual
- Quarterly and yearly reporting
- Reconcile all general ledger accounts
- Take charge on change improvement as it relates to people, business processes, and information systems
- Assist management team in annual budgeting and planning
- Compare financial plans and expectations to actual results and, analyzing and improving upon variances as needed
- Coordinate all audits
- Adhere to internal and external policies
- Other responsibilities as needed
- Financial reporting
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Teamwork and collaboration
- Attention to detail
- GAAP knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- 10+ years in accounting
Compensation and benefits
- $130,000-150,000k, depending on experience
- Benefits – medical, vision, and dental insurance, paid time off for sick and vacation days, and 401(k) employer match
Meet Your Recruiter
Vice President, Accounting & Finance and Office Services
Colin Paterson has over 6 years of experience in the staffing industry and leads our Office Support team here at J. Morrissey. He primarily focuses on temporary placements of office and financial professional across all industries.
Prior to joining J. Morrissey, Colin was a Contracts and Recruiting Manager at a national recruiting and staffing firm where he led a team of recruiters focusing on sourcing and filling skilled positions across manufacturing, engineering and distribution industries. While there he learned various management styles, industry trends, sales techniques and situational leadership skills.
Colin is actively involved with Quinnipiac Valley Chamber of Commerce, Bristol Continuing Education, and the Central Connecticut State University Alumni Association. He received his Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration from Central Connecticut State University. His recruiting and staffing industry knowledge enables him to communicate effectively with his candidates and clients to ensure good matches on both sides.