Opportunity Starts Here
J. Morrissey & Company can help you find a job and achieve your goals.
189 Orange Street New Haven, CT 06510
An industry changing behavioral health organization is searching for a Controller. This dynamic, rapidly growing, entrepreneurial institution is looking for the right person to lead their accounting and finance efforts. This vital role requires a passionate, hands-on and strategic leader. It is an exciting opportunity for someone that has a proven track record in accounting and finance, has experience in healthcare, and is looking to step up into a leadership role.
Responsibilities of the Controller:
- Oversee and manage all day-to-day accounting and financial reporting activities
- Develop and implement management dashboards and reporting tools to enhance visibility into trends and progression on key metrics
- Leads annual budget and long-term planning processes along with quarterly management of forecasts
- Manage monthly close processes, procedures and controls
- Prepare and interpret monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements and reports for leadership team, Board of Directors and lenders, and ensure timely reporting of all information
- Supervise accounting, billing and collections and administration personnel on efficient and accurate management of payments into and out of company
- Minimum 10 years of experience in senior level finance and accounting roles in a related healthcare organization
- Bachelor’ s in Finance, Accounting or closely related business discipline required
- CPA strongly preferred
- High personal/professional integrity and proven discretion
- Ability to operate as an effective tactical leader as strategic thinker
Executive Recruiter, Accounting & Financial Services
Tyler Losure is an Executive Recruiter with our Accounting and Finance Group. Tyler focuses on direct hire placements across all industries, and he is responsible for representing top professionals at all levels of their accounting and finance careers.
Prior to joining J.Morrissey, Tyler worked as the Strategic Relations Coordinator at the Connecticut Society of Certified Public Accountants. There, he worked to educate and motivate college accounting majors to not only pursue accounting as a career choice but to take it a step further and complete the CPA process. Additionally, he facilitated the Societies business development efforts, acquiring and securing sponsors, vendors, and advertisers for various events and publications. Tyler also coordinated the CTCPA’s Fairfield County Young Professionals group as well as orchestrated the “Accounting Is My Major (AIM)” conferences for aspiring high school juniors and seniors.
Tyler is a current Leadership Board Member of the American Lung Association’s Northeast Chapter; actively involved with HYPE, a member of the Bushnell Young Professionals Group, and a member of the University of Hartford Rugby Alumni Association.
Tyler obtained his Masters of Arts & Science in Communications from the University of Hartford, where he also completed his bachelor’s degree in Communications.