Opportunity Starts Here
J. Morrissey & Company can help you find a job and achieve your goals.
DBA Team Manager - Remote (Northeast)
New Haven, CT 06501 US
Our client located in New England is seeking a leader in database management and administration. In this role you will lead a team of database administrators that support a dynamic environment consisting of Oracle and Microsoft SQL Server databases. If you are looking for a collaborative environment that offers internal growth and excellent benefits, please apply below.
Remote position – Company located in New England (EST)
Salary range 130 – 165K + a strong benefits package
Duties and responsibilities:
- Lead team to ensure the stability and availability of the database environment is maintained in a rapidly changing landscape
- Coordinate and manage the DBA team’s day to day including end user support, prompt and accurate resolution of end user issues and to core software platforms to target 100% uptime
- Serve as the highest point of contact for all technical issues related to data management and oracle/MS SQL server database administration
- Manage and execute database administration projects and work requests
- Collaborate with end users to structure and develop systems to meet data requirements
- Identify and implement opportunities for process improvement and automation
- Provide team feedback, conduct performance evaluations, trainings, lead projects, and delegate work to team members
- Collaborate with peer managers on large scale projects, participate in reaching operational goals and objectives for the department
- 5+ years of DBA and architecture experience within financial services or a highly technical environment
- In depth experience with Oracle and MS SQL server databases (ideally Oracle 19C, SQL 2019 – 22)
- Working knowledge of SQL, TSQL, PL SQL, Perl, Oracle E- Business Suite, PowerShell Scripting, UNIX shell scripts
- Prior leadership experience (manager, team lead, supervisor), ability to motivate, guide, and mentor teams to create a highly collaborative environment
- Ability to read and interpret financial and banking periodicals, journals, and technical procedures
- Knowledge of programming concepts and procedures
- Ability to troubleshoot multitier applications
- Strong communication skills written and verbal with all levels of staff
Please send resumes to Chrisg@jmorrissey.com
Meet Your Recruiter
Senior Recruiter, Information Technology
Chris Gamber is a driven professional and a 2020 graduate of Hartwick College. During his college years, he showcased his dedication and teamwork as a proud member of the Men's Lacrosse Team, instilling a strong sense of discipline and commitment.
Today, Chris stands at the forefront of J. Morrissey, where he has spent the last four years honing his expertise in Direct Hire and Contract IT placement. His focus extends to Mid-Career to Executive Level IT Professionals across a wide array of industries, including Infrastructure, Data Science, Software Development, IT Security, VCISO, Managed Services, Network Engineering, Management/Executive Level, and Business Intelligence.
When he's not immersed in the world of IT recruitment, Chris enjoys precious moments with his fiancé, sharing their time between their family's vacation homes in the picturesque locales of Rhode Island and Maine. These coastal getaways offer the perfect backdrop for creating lasting memories, especially during the tranquil Summer and vibrant Fall seasons.
Beyond his professional pursuits and scenic escapes, Chris embraces his love for leisure activities. He finds solace and excitement on the golf course, patiently casting his line while fishing, and unwinding at the picturesque Charlestown Beach in Rhode Island. These moments of relaxation add balance to his dynamic life.
With a passion for career success, a penchant for coastal living, and an appreciation for the simple joys of life, Chris Gamber embodies a well-rounded individual who thrives in both his personal and professional endeavors.