Opportunity Starts Here
J. Morrissey & Company can help you find a job and achieve your goals.
Desktop Support Technician
Stamford, CT 06905 US
Our client is a thriving and fast-growing company looking to add a Desktop Support Technician. The ideal candidate will have a customer focused and team player mentality serving as the first line of support for any customer needs. This position requires a strong attention to detail and offers the potential for upward mobility within the organization. This is a full-time opportunity that will be working on site in Stamford, Connecticut as well as local travel to support clients.
This position offers an hourly pay rate of $26/hr with a competitive benefits package including profit sharing, 401K with match, PTO, Fitness/food & beverage perks, paid parental leave, and others.
- End user support troubleshooting various hardware and software related issues.
- Routine maintenance of desktops, laptops, and other office equipment.
- Handle Active Directory tasks including password resets, new users, and group policy.
- Image and deploy desktops and laptops.
- Document all relevant information and monitor tickets within their system.
- Other related duties will be assigned as needed.
- 1+ years of experience in a technical support setting.
- Experience working with Microsoft technologies including Windows and Office 365.
- Strong communication skills both verbally and written.
- Experience working with VMware and networking devices are a plus.
- A valid US driver's license is required due to the travel included in this role.
Meet Your Recruiter
Senior Staffing Recruiter, Information Technology
Conor Pepin, a native of Windsor Locks, CT, currently calls West Hartford, CT, home. A proud alumnus of the University of Connecticut, Conor embarked on his professional journey in the dynamic realm of Baseball Operations with the Red Sox. However, his career took a turn into the staffing industry, where he has thrived ever since.
With over 6 years of valuable experience in staffing, Conor has contributed his expertise to diverse sectors, including healthcare, admin/clerical, and IT. In his latest role at J. Morrissey, Conor is dedicated to fortifying the contract IT segment of the business, extending support to clients across various industries in the CT/MA markets.
Beyond the professional sphere, Conor finds joy in spending time with his dog, Roscoe, during peaceful walks. An avid golfer, he embraces the challenges and rewards of the game. As the youngest among his three siblings, Conor brings a fresh perspective and unwavering enthusiasm to both his personal and professional pursuits.