Opportunity Starts Here
J. Morrissey & Company can help you find a job and achieve your goals.
Director, Talent Acquisition & Compensation
1111 Cromwell Avenue Suite 601 Rocky Hill, CT 06067
ENTERPRISE DIRECTOR, TALENT ACQUISITION & COMPENSATION
- Accountable for driving employment brand success to the bottom line through the design and implementation of recruitment and pay program strategies
- Ensure strong talent pipelines for current and future hiring needs and retain/incentivize all incumbents to support the longer-term growth strategy of the Company.
- Lead a team of recruiters and partner with peer HR business directors to institute national customized sourcing and on-boarding strategies for all roles, from entry-level to executive-level positions
- Design, influence, secure sponsorship for, and build Company-wide compensation programs that will guide employee life-cycle pay decisions.
- Responsible for plans and priorities for related budgets and manage on-going priorities to maximize investments while consistently working towards cost efficiencies
- BA/BS Degree; MBA desirable
- 12+ years’ experience; 8+ years’ management experience as a Director of Talent Acquisition and Compensation or similar senior-level HR positions
- Proven knowledge/expertise in candidate management systems, HRIS software
- Varied experience including executive level recruiting; as well as volume front line hiring
- Proven track and success record in compensation and incentive/variable pay program design for NE, E and Executive levels – for a geographically dispersed workforce
- Deep and seasoned knowledge and demonstrated expertise in enterprise HR compensation capability build and operationalization – external surveys, internal infrastructure build & change management process leadership for adoption and sponsorship
- Current knowledge of applicable regulatory and compliance requirements in the US; experience of global recruitment and immigration matters is a definite plus; Established network within the talent acquisition field, staying abreast of industry developments
- Additional certification (e.g. CIPD or SPHR) is a plus
- Innovator who is on the cutting edge of talent and pay program design – systems, processes, and culture impacting
- Strong process design and project management skills
- Established network within the talent acquisition and compensation HR fields, staying abreast of industry developments
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven record managing senior level relationships and ability to collaborate and build favorable outcomes with stakeholders across functional and organizational lines
- Ability to develop and implement successful recruitment and selection strategies and best in class compensation programs in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- Superior organizational and process management skills with the ability to manage multiple detailed projects
- Experience developing networks of candidates from a diverse range of backgrounds
- Proven ability implementing change within an organization, ensuring understanding, participation, and ownership
- Advanced leadership skills, demonstrating an ability to lead, mentor and develop – direct reporting and matrix leadership
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills; demonstrated ability to listen, translate business priorities into actionable TA solutions and approaches
- Strong ability to use data & metrics to assess recruiting effectiveness
Donna McCarty, CPC
Senior Vice President & CAO
Donna R. McCarty, CPC has over 30 years of experience in the healthcare industry within Connecticut and nationally. Donna has been associated with area hospitals, a health maintenance organization and a national home infusion therapy company. In these settings, she had the opportunity to be involved in every facet of healthcare, primarily in financial and administrative capacities.
As Senior Vice President & CAO, Donna performs executive searches for leadership roles in healthcare and non-profit organizations. She is also responsible for compliance, contracting, education, public relations, and on-boarding of new employees at J. Morrissey.
Donna’s community involvement includes a longstanding relationship with Prevent Blindness Connecticut. She has served two terms as board chair, was the 1998 recipient of the Robert and Joyce Polk Award for distinguished service, and the 2001 recipient of the Cincinatus Award for outstanding service and dedication. She was also the past president and founder of the Greater Hartford Chapter of the Quinnipiac University Alumni Association and was a member of the Quinnipiac University National Alumni Board of Governors for 18 years. Donna has also served as past president of the Connecticut Women in Health Care Management, served on the UCONN Health Care Management Advisory Board for the university’s undergraduate and graduate health care programs, and The Hartford Courant CareerbuilderRx Advisory Board. Most recently, she was co-chair for Relay For Life in Plainville, CT in 2008-2010. Donna was a founder and president of Women Executives in Healthcare until 2016.
Donna is a 1990 cum laude graduate of Quinnipiac University with a Bachelor of Science degree in Health Management.