Opportunity Starts Here
J. Morrissey & Company can help you find a job and achieve your goals.
Director of Finance / Controller
281 Lake Ave Bristol, CT 06010 US
- Business partner of the BR VP and local management. Support in creation, driving and execution of strategy and financial decision-making for individual companies as well as for the business area in total
- Assist VP and local management understand their financial performance and achieving their financial commitments
- Support finance functions in local companies, development of the functions
- Analysis, review and quality check of monthly financial and operating reporting packages.
- Commenting and presentation of financial outcome for monthly business reviews for the business area. Analysis of outcome compared to budget and last year
- Implement and carry out projects in co-operation with Group Finance, for example implementation of changes in financial policies, use of BI and other tools, digitalization, sustainability reporting etc
- Assist in data warehouse implementation, assistance and education to the local mgmt.
- Assisting the local companies to evaluate and calculate investment projects and their returns
- Oversee that the companies are in compliance with Internal control, Group Policies etc.
- General understanding of accounting GAAP and support to the local companies in group reporting under IFRS
- Liquidity planning/forecasting and treasury.
- Communication with auditors and tax authorities.
- ERP implementation support to local companies
We see that experience from manufacturing business is important and that the person need to be quite “on-hands” to assist the companies rather than be to be on a high theoretical level to far from the operations.
CFO: USA Holding Company
- Manage daily accounting, treasury, and investment functions.
- Manage implementation and ongoing compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley financial accountability reporting, liaising with counterparts to ensure uniform application of standards.
- Administer general ledger activity, including reconciliations, journal entries, and financial closing.
- Direct accounting functions, including monthly close, accounts receivable/payable, reconciliations and regional payroll administration.
- Establishing delegation of authority and segregation of duty matrix for the regional operating companies
- Develop and maintain relationships with regional banks
- Support the implementation of financial systems
- Oversight of HR and Sustainability compliance and initiatives
Strong Communication Skills
Attention to detail