Opportunity Starts Here
J. Morrissey & Company can help you find a job and achieve your goals.
Director of Finance
North Hampton, MA 01060
A collaborative, international travel and education association is looking for a new Director of Finance. Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, this position will be responsible for the oversight of all of the organizations finance and bookkeeping functions while also playing a strategic leadership role.
Specifically, the Director of Finance will provide:
- Strategic planning, visioning, and goal setting for the finance department
- Coordinate with consortium companies to effectively manage financial systems
- Provide and manage overall bookkeeping and accounting for all of the organization’ s seven (7) companies
- Regular financial reporting to company directors
- Coordinate with external accounting firm for complex tax filings
- Supervise all assigned subordinate staff, team of 3-4
- Manage all banking, accounting and finance systems
- Train finance and company staff on accounting systems as needed
To be successful in this role, the Director of Finance will be expected to:
- Budget vs. actual comparative reporting regularly driving business decisions
- Department internal satisfaction rating of at least 4 out of 5 stars
- Retain and grow the team, while increasing organization’ s Labor Efficiency Rates (LER) by 10% within 2 years
The Director of Finance will be someone that:
- Has strong and caring leadership experience
- Can provide strategic planning
- Has a driven working style
- Has a friendly and warm personality
- Ability to problem solve
- Substantial knowledge of Quickbooks
- Five (5)+ years of direct and/or related experience
- Excellent communication
Executive Recruiter, Accounting & Financial Services
Tyler Losure is an Executive Recruiter with our Accounting and Finance Group. Tyler focuses on direct hire placements across all industries, and he is responsible for representing top professionals at all levels of their accounting and finance careers.
Prior to joining J.Morrissey, Tyler worked as the Strategic Relations Coordinator at the Connecticut Society of Certified Public Accountants. There, he worked to educate and motivate college accounting majors to not only pursue accounting as a career choice but to take it a step further and complete the CPA process. Additionally, he facilitated the Societies business development efforts, acquiring and securing sponsors, vendors, and advertisers for various events and publications. Tyler also coordinated the CTCPA’s Fairfield County Young Professionals group as well as orchestrated the “Accounting Is My Major (AIM)” conferences for aspiring high school juniors and seniors.
Tyler is a current Leadership Board Member of the American Lung Association’s Northeast Chapter; actively involved with HYPE, a member of the Bushnell Young Professionals Group, and a member of the University of Hartford Rugby Alumni Association.
Tyler obtained his Masters of Arts & Science in Communications from the University of Hartford, where he also completed his bachelor’s degree in Communications.