Opportunity Starts Here
J. Morrissey & Company can help you find a job and achieve your goals.
Director of Nursing
POSITION TITLE: DIRECTOR OF NURSING
This is a Memory Care Facility located in Hartford County that provides for dementia care, Alzheimer’ s and Parkinson’ s Disease, among others. The facility is a safe, secure and nurturing environment in a community-style setting along with a secure, monitored area for residents that have tendencies to wander. Caregivers assist with Activities of Daily Living, high blood pressure, diabetes or other medical conditions.
***If you are looking for a unique opportunity in a stable, non-corporate and well organized facility please submit your resume for consideration***
POSITION SUMMARY AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- This position is responsible for planning, organizing, developing, and directing the day-to-day functions of the Nursing Department in accordance with current applicable state and federal regulations and as may be directed by the Administrator and the Medical Director to ensure quality nursing services.
- Must be an RN licensed in Connecticut with at least one year of additional educational experience in rehabilitative or geriatric nursing and one year of nursing service administration.
- Previous Director of Nursing Services or extensive Assistant Director of Nursing Services experience required.
- Provides leadership, oversight and operation for his or her department.
- Establishes performance expectations with staff within his/her department.
- Plans and maintains work systems, policies and procedures.
- Ensures that all staff within their department are oriented to their position and attend annual mandatory in-services; coaches, mentors and develops staff.
- Fosters a spirit of teamwork within the department and in relationships with other departments.
- Assesses individual staff performance and completes performance evaluations.
- Ensures adequate staffing levels at all times.
- Tracks expenditures and stays within established budget.
- Participates in quality improvement initiatives.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable state and federal regulations.
- Conducts applicant interviews and facilitates on boarding of new staff members.
- Responsible for the supervision, provision, and quality of nursing care in the facility.
- Coordinates and integrates nursing services with other resident care services.Develops a schedule of daily rounds and assignment of duties for all nurses and nurse’ s aides to assure twenty-four (24) hour coverage.
- Assists in the development of and participation in staff orientation and training program.
- Ensures yearly written evaluation of nurses and nurse’ s aides.
- Acts as a resource person in all areas of resident care.
***FOR CONSIDERATION PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR CURRENT RESUME FOR REVIEW. ALL QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE RESPONDED TO***
Connie Merritt, CPC
Senior Executive Recruiter, Healthcare Services
Connie Merritt, a Senior Executive Recruiter in our Healthcare Services Group, has been placing J.Morrissey candidates across Connecticut and Western Massachusetts for nearly 20 years bringing previous recruiting experience with her. She is responsible for the direct hire placement of clinical and non-clinical healthcare professionals in a wide variety of environments.
Connie began her career as a Certified Laboratory Technician in acute care, private, and insurance environments. Her professional experience also includes twenty years in Retail Management, Sales, Corporate Training and Business Ownership.
She is a graduate of the Dale Carnegie Course in Public Speaking. She is currently a Senior Executive Healthcare Recruiter, a Certified Personnel Consultant and member of the National Association of Personnel Consultants and the Connecticut Association of Personnel Consultants. She has been a member of the Connecticut Women in Health Care Management, Inc. Association and served as Membership Chair from 2002 - 2010.
Connie believes that “a person does not care how much you know until they know how much you care”. This belief has led Connie to years of continual success with her unwavering commitment servicing the needs of clients and candidates, thus yielding successful placement of career driven individuals and fulfilling the increasing hiring challenges our clients face today.