Opportunity Starts Here
J. Morrissey & Company can help you find a job and achieve your goals.
Director of Revenue Cycle
22 Waterville Road Avon, CT 06001
DIRECTOR OF REVENUE CYCLE - WOMEN' S HEALTH USA
Women' s Health USA was created with the express purpose of supporting women’ s health practices with comprehensive services that streamline business operations. Today, it is the largest physician practice management company dedicated to women’ s health, serving a growing population of more than 350 physicians, throughout the United States.
The Director of Revenue Cycle position, based in Avon, CT, reports to the VP Revenue Cycle with the following primary responsibilities:
- manages the day-to-day activities of the Central Billing Office (CBO) as they relate to revenue cycle functions which include billing, collections, charge entry and accounts receivable.
develops, plans, organizes and implements current and future strategies for revenue cycle customers
minimizes bad debt, improves cash flow through collections and manages overall health of the receivables.
analyzes and monitors work productivity, making necessary process improvement changes to attain desired metrics
proactively reports on industry trends, competitive intelligence; makes appropriate recommendations
overseeing a CBO staff of (4) direct reports and (27) indirect reports
Director of Revenue Cycle candidate must have the following required qualifications:
- Bachelor' s Degree in a relevant healthcare field
- Minimum of 8-10 years of experience in healthcare management and physician group practice billing and accounts receivable
- Strong background in financial management, patient financial services, third party/insurance contracts and knowledgeable of federal and state laws and requirements relating to physician group practice billing and accounts receivable
- Strong managerial competencies in leadership, team development, managerial coaching, mentoring with proven track record in team development
- Strong analytical skills (able to provide project examples)
- A change agent and capable of guiding the department in initiating various change management initiatives
Donna McCarty, CPC
Senior Vice President & CAO
Donna R. McCarty, CPC has over 30 years of experience in the healthcare industry within Connecticut and nationally. Donna has been associated with area hospitals, a health maintenance organization and a national home infusion therapy company. In these settings, she had the opportunity to be involved in every facet of healthcare, primarily in financial and administrative capacities.
As Senior Vice President & CAO, Donna performs executive searches for leadership roles in healthcare and non-profit organizations. She is also responsible for compliance, contracting, education, public relations, and on-boarding of new employees at J. Morrissey.
Donna’s community involvement includes a longstanding relationship with Prevent Blindness Connecticut. She has served two terms as board chair, was the 1998 recipient of the Robert and Joyce Polk Award for distinguished service, and the 2001 recipient of the Cincinatus Award for outstanding service and dedication. She was also the past president and founder of the Greater Hartford Chapter of the Quinnipiac University Alumni Association and was a member of the Quinnipiac University National Alumni Board of Governors for 18 years. Donna has also served as past president of the Connecticut Women in Health Care Management, served on the UCONN Health Care Management Advisory Board for the university’s undergraduate and graduate health care programs, and The Hartford Courant CareerbuilderRx Advisory Board. Most recently, she was co-chair for Relay For Life in Plainville, CT in 2008-2010. Donna was a founder and president of Women Executives in Healthcare until 2016.
Donna is a 1990 cum laude graduate of Quinnipiac University with a Bachelor of Science degree in Health Management.