Opportunity Starts Here
J. Morrissey & Company can help you find a job and achieve your goals.
42 Canal St. East Shelton, CT 06484 US
The Distribution Operator completes various functions of distribution activities to complete supply chain requirements of the company and its customers.
• Pulls orders and examines outgoing shipments to ensure shipments meet specifications, checking for correctness and accuracy of count (Perfect Order.)
• Operates forklift to load and unload trucks, move, convey, transport, or locate product within the facility, using electronic equipment, scanning bar coded product and locations. Clean and perform routine maintenance of forklifts daily.
• Operates various bar code-oriented equipment to complete assigned tasks within the facility.
• Using hand-held and tethered data collection devices, compares identifying information and counts, weighs, or measures items of incoming and outgoing shipments to verify information against bill of lading, orders, or other distribution documents.
• Arranges all finished product and incoming materials in the warehouse in an orderly manner, according to warehouse location plan.
• Examines incoming shipments, rejects damaged items, records shortages, and reports the damages and shortages to supervisor.
• Conducts inventory cycle counts as directed and assists in taking periodic physical inventory.
• Reports and repacks according to SOP’s any damage which occurs, including damage to the finished product, to the supervisor.
• Responsible for working scheduled hours to include Saturday and/or Sunday to support the shuttle of product/material between the DC and Production at Canal St (24/7.)
• Completes small package paperwork, as required, for UPS, FedEx, etc. performing computer data entry for small packages where applicable.
• Additional duties as assigned.
Meet Your Recruiter
Staffing Manager, Fairfield Office
Abby comes to J. Morrissey with an impressive recruitment background. After successfully launching a satellite branch as the only local employee for an east coast staffing company, she is looking for her next challenge. Abby brings a competitive nature to the J. Morrissey team and will be leading the charge on temporary staffing, running a full desk as part of our Fairfield team.
Abby was a D1 track and field athlete at Xavier University and represented her team at the Big East Conference. She graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree of Business Administration majoring in Marketing. She is originally from Chicago coming to Connecticut as her forever home.