Opportunity Starts Here
J. Morrissey & Company can help you find a job and achieve your goals.
Environmental Health and Safety Coordinator
Windsor, CT 06095 US
Location: Windsor, CT
Job Type: Full-Time Contract (4+ months)
Schedule: Monday - Friday, 7am-4pm
Our client is a top manufacturer in CT that is looking to add an EH&S Coordinator to their occupational safety team.
The ideal candidate for this position can be at the intern level or have a 1+ years of experience in the field. This is a great opportunity to get your foot in the door with a top CT employer.
- Update Chemical Inventories
- Conduct Job Hazard Analysis (JHA) including PPE assessments and Ventilation surveys
- Support 3rd party industrial hygiene sampling and conduct sampling
- Review and update lockout tagout procedures
- Complete weekly and monthly tasks for the EHS department including EHS tips, Toolbox talks, Postings around the facility, Continuous improvement 6S
- Other safety related tasks as needed.
- Bachelors degree in related field preferred
- Prior safety experience preferred (internship)
- Strong computer skills (ability to use Microsoft Office suite)
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Problem solving skills including route cause analysis
- Willingness to do research, take additional training courses and work independently to complete tasks
Meet Your Recruiter
Vice President, Accounting & Finance and Office Services
Colin Paterson has over 6 years of experience in the staffing industry and leads our Office Support team here at J. Morrissey. He primarily focuses on temporary placements of office and financial professional across all industries.
Prior to joining J. Morrissey, Colin was a Contracts and Recruiting Manager at a national recruiting and staffing firm where he led a team of recruiters focusing on sourcing and filling skilled positions across manufacturing, engineering and distribution industries. While there he learned various management styles, industry trends, sales techniques and situational leadership skills.
Colin is actively involved with Quinnipiac Valley Chamber of Commerce, Bristol Continuing Education, and the Central Connecticut State University Alumni Association. He received his Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration from Central Connecticut State University. His recruiting and staffing industry knowledge enables him to communicate effectively with his candidates and clients to ensure good matches on both sides.