Opportunity Starts Here
J. Morrissey & Company can help you find a job and achieve your goals.
Estimator / Quote Generator
340 State St Ludlow, MA 01056
Estimator / Quote Generator
Our client is seeking a full time Estimator for product quote order generation. " The estimating position provides quotes to customers via our custom windows-based software. To do so the estimator must interpret drawings and descriptions provided to them, internalize this information and determine the labor steps required. Those steps are selected from a list in the custom software and a price is generated.
This position requires the ability to perform these essential duties:
- Receives and prioritizes quote requests from prospective Buyers and existing customers.
- Create competitive, accurate and thorough estimates for parts in accordance with company processes and practices.
- Proficient Computer Skills needed in Microsoft Windows and Office (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Must have the ability to read and interpret blueprints, drawings, prints, specifications, contracts and RFPs/RFQs.
- Detail oriented individual, with can do attitude, and the desire to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills with the ability to interact with customers and vendors in a professional manner.
- Must be proficient multitasking and organizing activities to meet deadlines
- Some general knowledge and a willingness to learn about the industrial printing industry.
- Communicate with internal procurement staff, or directly with vendors, to obtain accurate subcontracted material and labor pricing with lead times.
- It is a fast-paced environment; quotes need to be turned around quickly and accurately. This requires an individual that is organized and methodical without sacrificing speed. Additionally, and above all else is the customer service side of the position.
- The Estimator is in constant contact with the customer; this means they must be able to handle themselves professionally and courteously with the customers always. A strong understanding of customer service and dealing with difficult customers is a necessity.
- In a lot of ways this is a sales position, so sales skill sets are critical.
Other preferred qualifications sought include:
- 5+ years’ experience in a manufacturing environment
- 2+ years’ Estimating experience within the industrial printing environment
We are looking for someone to take this position to a very impressive level. Every quote that comes in is an opportunity to increase our sales. Who understands that this desk is the single biggest flow of income our company. Attention to detail, accuracy, intelligence, sales and customer service skills and a positive attitude are all critical to accomplish these goals and making this position successful."
Branch Manager, Springfield Office
Derek Carroll has been working in healthcare staffing and recruiting for over 20 years, and has been with J.Morrissey since 2012. Prior to coming to J.Morrissey, Derek ran a private duty homecare company matching caregivers to families, and a staffing agency providing healthcare workers to a variety of settings such as long term care, hospitals, corrections, occupational health, behavioral health and more.
As the Branch Manager for J.Morrissey’s Springfield office, Derek continues to staff clinical and non-clinical personnel in those types of healthcare settings, in addition to roles in insurance, finance, commercial and other industries. Derek is also responsible for the daily operations of the branch and its staff, as well as collaborating extensively with the other divisions.
Derek is active in the Pioneer Valley community with serving on the Business Advisory Council for the Mass Rehab Commission and the Allied Health Collaborative through the Regional Employment Board. He also participates with several career services agencies, as well as social services agencies in the region such as Wayfinders and Viability Inc.
Derek received a Bachelor of Science degree in Liberal Arts from Northeastern University in Boston, with concentrations in Philosophy and Psychology.