Opportunity Starts Here
J. Morrissey & Company can help you find a job and achieve your goals.
Finance/Accounting Specialist II
Hartford, CT 06101 US
$62,000-$67,000, depending on experience
Contract to Hire
In partnership with a reputable CT based organization, we are recruiting for a Accounting Specialist to fill an integral role within the finance team. The Accounting Specialist will assist in several different areas of accounting and finance. This is a great opportunity to get your foot in the door with a large and longstanding organization which offers a complete and strong benefits package.
- Provide support in all areas of accounting, including payroll and maintaining the general ledger
- Assist in processing Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, reconciliations, and journal entries
- Run analyses for payroll and revenue
- Assist in prepping financial statements
- Supervise Accounting Assistant
- Other projects and responsibilities as needed
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or a related field
- 3+ years of relevant finance or accounting experience
- Lead/Supervisory experience preferred
- Strong skills in MS Excel
Meet Your Recruiter
Vice President, Accounting & Finance and Office Services
Colin Paterson has over 6 years of experience in the staffing industry and leads our Office Support team here at J. Morrissey. He primarily focuses on temporary placements of office and financial professional across all industries.
Prior to joining J. Morrissey, Colin was a Contracts and Recruiting Manager at a national recruiting and staffing firm where he led a team of recruiters focusing on sourcing and filling skilled positions across manufacturing, engineering and distribution industries. While there he learned various management styles, industry trends, sales techniques and situational leadership skills.
Colin is actively involved with Quinnipiac Valley Chamber of Commerce, Bristol Continuing Education, and the Central Connecticut State University Alumni Association. He received his Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration from Central Connecticut State University. His recruiting and staffing industry knowledge enables him to communicate effectively with his candidates and clients to ensure good matches on both sides.