Opportunity Starts Here
J. Morrissey & Company can help you find a job and achieve your goals.
Financial Planning & Analysis Manager
15 Lewis Street Hartford, CT 06103
We are actively recruiting for a Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) Manager to join a large and continuously growing company!
The FP&A Manager reports to the Vice President of Financial Planning & Analysis and is responsible for the strategic planning support, budgeting and forecasting, and will play a key role in analytics for the company. S/he leads a team of 2+ people, promoting the company’ s people-first, - servant leadership culture while meeting company needs around analysis, budgets and planning.
- Develop and lead a robust budgeting and planning process for approximately 3, 000 operating locations, looking for continuous process improvement.
- Oversee and participate in production of board, partner, and regional VP meeting financial presentations
- Guide the business performance team to input, maintain, and research key location data to allow for comprehensive analyses
- Guide the business performance team to develop and maintain reports, dashboards, and budget data entry forms that are accurate, concise and easy to digest
- Manage business intelligence projects and recommend and develop metrics and KPIs that provide great insights and fuel decisions
- Receiving guidance from the VP of FP&A, this person will manage the development and maintenance of internal reporting, including reports on performance against objectives, predictive analyses, and rolling forecasts.
- Act as a subject-matter expert in our finance and business analytics software tools.
- Manage training and on-going engagement of BI tools with regional leadership teams to ensure that the dashboards and reports are utilized to focus and drive operational excellence
- Work with other departments and software consultants to brainstorm and implement new processes or software amendments to ensure an accurate data model
- Manage all ad hoc financial analysis and reporting projects
- Up to 10%, depending on business needs.
- Bachelor’ s degree in related field required; master’ s degree preferred
- 3+ years of demonstrated success in a leadership role and proven management influence.
- 7+ years in financial analytics and/or reporting role.
- Passion for developing and building teams and processes.
- Experience using Power BI and/or creating SQL queries is preferred
- Experience using Tagetik, Cognos, and/or Microsoft Navision Dynamics
- Ability to seek improvement and create an environment of idea-sharing and creative problem-solving.
- Strong customer service skills, practical experience of client relationships.
- Ability to be approachable and facilitate coaching conversations with employees and managers.
- Ability to mitigate and lead others to overcome challenges (Never Ever Give Up Attitude).
- Ability to encourage open expression of ideas and opinions.
- Excellent teambuilding and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and multi-task.
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively with all levels of the organization and with clients.
- Ability to interpret policies, procedures, and standard business practices.
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency and timeliness.
Erik Morrissey, CPA
Vice President, Accounting & Financial Services
Erik J. Morrissey, CPA, leads our Accounting and Finance Group, focusing on direct hire placements across all industries. Erik is responsible for representing top talented accounting and finance professionals at all levels of their careers.
Prior to joining J. Morrissey, Erik was an Experienced Audit Senior with CohnReznick LLP and worked with clients in manufacturing, distribution, healthcare, professional services, educational, and not-for-profit. As lead auditor on his engagements, he was able to learn various management styles and organizational structures which allows him to better understand the true needs of his clients as a recruiter. His knowledge of the accounting industry enables him to communicate effectively with his candidates to ensure the right fit for both parties.
Erik is actively involved in the Cherish the Children Foundation; serves on the Board of the Windsor Chamber of Commerce as Vice President – Community Relations; serves on the CTCPA Golf Tournament Interest Group and the CTCPA Future Professional Accountant Committee; Serves on the Bushnell Young Professionals Advisory Group and on the Post University Accounting Advisory Board.
Erik is also a member of the Healthcare Financial Management Association, Greater New Haven Chamber of Commerce and Glastonbury Hills Country Club.
Erik obtained his Bachelor’s degree in Accounting from Bryant University in Smithfield, Rhode Island. He also has his Master’s Degree in Accounting from Post University and is a Certified Public Accountant.