Opportunity Starts Here
J. Morrissey & Company can help you find a job and achieve your goals.
Financial Planning & Analysis Manager
15 Lewis Street Hartford, CT 06103
We are actively recruiting for a Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) Manager.
Company Profile: Large, employee-centric organization that operates in a mix of hospitality, real-estate, and logistics. With plans to continue their growth efforts over the next few years, this company is already located in upwards of 33 states across the country and calls downtown Hartford it’ s home. This “ people-first” company is ideal for someone that thrives in a fast-paced, high volume, detail oriented environment.
Position Profile: The successful candidate will not only possess the technical know-how but will also possess the right mindset and mentality. Meaning, they are someone that is passionate. Someone that comes into work every day with an intent and purpose. They are someone that lifts others up around them and genuinely wants them to succeed.
Technically speaking, the successful candidate will be able to perform a range of financial planning and analysis related tasks and responsibilities, as well as be able to effectively oversee a team of analysts. For example:
- Develop and lead a robust budgeting and planning process for approximately 3, 000 operating locations, looking for continuous process improvement
- Oversee and participate in production of board, partner, and regional VP meetings with financial presentations
- Guide the business performance team to input, maintain, and research key location data to allow for comprehensive analyses
- Guide the business performance team to develop and maintain reports, dashboards, and budget data entry forms that are accurate, concise and easy to digest
- Manage business intelligence projects and recommend and develop metrics and KPIs that provide great insights and fuel decisions
- With some guidance from the VP of FP&A, assist in the managing of the development and maintenance of internal reporting, including reports on performance against objectives, predictive analyses, and rolling forecasts
- Act as a subject-matter expert in our finance and business analytics software tools
- Manage training and on-going engagement of BI tools with relevant leadership teams to ensure that the dashboards and reports are utilized to focus and drive operational excellence
- Work with other departments and software consultants to brainstorm and implement new processes or software amendments to ensure an accurate data model
- Manage all ad hoc financial analysis and reporting projects
Requirements: In terms of requirements, we’ d love to see someone with at least 3 years of demonstrated success in a leadership role and proven management influence. In addition, we’ d love to see someone with the following, including but not limited to:
- At least 7 years in financial analytics and/or reporting role
- Passion for developing and building teams and processes
- Experience using Power BI and/or creating SQL queries
- Experience using Tagetik, Cognos, and/or Microsoft Navision Dynamics
Summary: If you feel that you meet all of the technical requirements AND you want to be a part of a truly people-first, large and growing organization, then we want to hear from you! Submit your resume and application to get started.
Erik Morrissey, CPA
Vice President, Accounting & Financial Services
Erik J. Morrissey, CPA, leads our Accounting and Finance Group, focusing on direct hire placements across all industries. Erik is responsible for representing top talented accounting and finance professionals at all levels of their careers.
Prior to joining J. Morrissey, Erik was an Experienced Audit Senior with CohnReznick LLP and worked with clients in manufacturing, distribution, healthcare, professional services, educational, and not-for-profit. As lead auditor on his engagements, he was able to learn various management styles and organizational structures which allows him to better understand the true needs of his clients as a recruiter. His knowledge of the accounting industry enables him to communicate effectively with his candidates to ensure the right fit for both parties.
Erik is actively involved in the Cherish the Children Foundation; serves on the Board of the Windsor Chamber of Commerce as Vice President – Community Relations; serves on the CTCPA Golf Tournament Interest Group and the CTCPA Future Professional Accountant Committee; Serves on the Bushnell Young Professionals Advisory Group and on the Post University Accounting Advisory Board.
Erik is also a member of the Healthcare Financial Management Association, Greater New Haven Chamber of Commerce and Glastonbury Hills Country Club.
Erik obtained his Bachelor’s degree in Accounting from Bryant University in Smithfield, Rhode Island. He also has his Master’s Degree in Accounting from Post University and is a Certified Public Accountant.