Opportunity Starts Here
J. Morrissey & Company can help you find a job and achieve your goals.
Fundraising Administrative Specialist
270 John Downey Drive New Britain, CT 06051
We are currently hiring for a 2-3 month contract opportunity for a Communications/ Development Administrative Specialist in the Hartford county area. This position would be 40 hours per week, Monday-Friday. Pay Rate - $18-19 p/h.
Essential Responsibilities and Target Outcomes:
- Provide administrative support to agency capital campaign; i.e., coordinate campaign mailings, contact/coordinate meetings between donors and campaign staff, schedule and staff weekly meetings, track status of donation requests.
- Assist other agency departments with materials and supplies needed to represent the agency and programs at external events.
- Assist with developing and maintaining agency program directory, brochures and other materials, and with maintaining and managing inventory of promotional and public-facing materials.
- Produce database reports for campaign, annual appeal, employee giving and other initiatives.
- Generate donor acknowledgement letters.
- Work with finance department to track employee contributions: United Way, Employee Giving and Capital Campaign and create monthly reports
- Enter contributions records into development database.
- Work with program staff and leadership to coordinate fundraising, including Annual Appeal, United Way campaigns and activities, annual employee giving campaign, staff attendance at health and other community fairs, special events and agency annual meeting.
- Provide administrative support to grant submissions (form completion, gathering of job descriptions/resumes, MOUs, pagination, copying, etc.).
- Other duties as assigned.
Primary Customers: Donors, corporate donors and foundations, agency staff.
Critical Work Relationships: Director of Communications and Strategic Initiatives, agency leadership and staff, agency staff, campaign consultants.
High School Diploma or GED. Related college coursework preferred.
Credentials and Licenses:
Valid Connecticut driver’ s license and reliable transportation.
Successful experience in communications, donor relations, donor database management and reporting and appealing to donors.
Intermediate experience with Microsoft Office products, especially Word, Excel and Outlook. Social media and donor database management and reporting skills desired.
- Ability to work in multi-service organization utilizing community contacts and constituencies in order to support fundraising and communications activities.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively with a diverse group of agency staff and leadership, community leaders, and representatives from other organizations.
- Ability to receive and incorporate feedback from principal customers.
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation and computer skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects.
- Minimum of 3 years of related experience required
Staffing Manager, Office & Financial Support
Jessica Goudreau has over 18 years of experience in the staffing industry and is a Staffing Manager with our Office Support team at J. Morrissey. Jessica primarily focuses on temporary and temporary-to-hire placements of office and finance professionals across all industries.
Jessica has recruiting and sales experience in many industries including office and administration, manufacturing, and health care. Prior to joining J. Morrissey, Jessica worked for a large health care organization where she oversaw multiple site facilities. While there, she was consistently recognized for her outstanding recruiting and staffing strategies, performance, and customer service. Jessica’s strong work ethic and excellent communication skills make her an invaluable asset to our team.
Outside of the office, Jessica enjoys volunteering in the community. She is specifically passionate about animals and has worked on many projects at local animal shelters.