Opportunity Starts Here
J. Morrissey & Company can help you find a job and achieve your goals.
322 E. Main Street Branford, CT 06405
HR ASSISTANT - Temp to Hire
- Answer employee inquiries and questions
- Supports HR director on a daily basis by assisting with HR processes and HR functions
- Data entry of new hires and employee changes
- Participates in benefits administration to include claims resolution, change reporting, answering initial employee questions, processes benefit changes, and invoicing reconciliation.
- Participates in processing paperwork and efforts for recruiting employees, which may include posting positions, reviewing resumes, scheduling interviews, onboarding employees, creating employee files.
- Maintains HRIS and compiles reports from the database as needed.
- Create and maintain personnel files ensuring the files are up to date and adhering to all state and federal laws
- Helps maintain company organization charts and the employee directory.
QUALIFICATIONS; REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- HS Degree required, AS degree preferred
- Minimum 5 years of experience in HR admin support role
- Knowledge of HR systems such as a payroll system HRIS, benefits system, etc. is required
- Excellent MS word and excel skills
- Excellent computer, internet, research skills
- Excels at trouble shooting and problem solving
- Professional and ethical
- Basic understanding of HR process and federal and state laws i.e. FMLA, pay laws, sick leave, etc
- Basic understand benefits including medical, vacation, sick, STD/LTD
Excellent Pay, New Haven County, Great Company!
Lisa Cimorelli, CTS
Director, Healthcare Staffing Services
Lisa A. Cimorelli brings to J. Morrissey & Company over 15 years of experience in the recruiting and staffing industry. She has a comprehensive understanding of the staffing arena through working both in agency and corporate environments.
Lisa is the Director of Healthcare Staffing Services and is responsible for all temporary and contract staffing in the Healthcare Service Group. Some of the positions she recruits for are RN’s, LPN’s, Nurse Case Managers, Medical Assistants, Medical Coders, Medical Billers, Insurance Follow Up, Medical Secretaries, Medical Records, Patient Registration, Charge Entry, Payment Posting, Claims, Customer Service and any other position, either clinical or non-clinical, in a healthcare or healthcare insurance environment.
Lisa’s staffing career began as the Branch Manager of Insurance Overload Systems where she was responsible for the successful start up of a new office through recruitment and placement of temporary and contract insurance professionals.
In the corporate arena, Lisa was a Staffing Specialist in the Corporate Recruiting Department for CIGNA where she was responsible for recruiting for all disciplines from Management level to Customer Service.