Opportunity Starts Here
J. Morrissey & Company can help you find a job and achieve your goals.
HR Benefits Specialist
100 Retreat Avenue Hartford, CT 06106
J.Morrissey is currently hiring for a temporary HR Benefits Specialist for a health care client located in Hartford, CT.
This is a temporary position that will last at least through December 2019.
The pay range for this position is $18-24 per hour, depending on experience.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Take Retirement RFP project to finish line
- Educational Assistance Program management/administration: November and December are “ peak times”
- Maintain Benefits billings
- Operate as expert FMLA resource for managers, Team Members Relations and team members
- Function as Benefits customer service resource
- Function as Open Enrollment resource: answer team member questions, data load and integrity, etc.
- Manage Voluntary Benefits enrollment: call center guidance, manage new deductions in system, etc.
- Provide support to get several new initiatives implemented and running smoothly: Financial wellness, new EAP(s), Parental Leave
- Other responsibilities as assigned
Qualifications include, but are not limited to:
- At least 3-5 years of HR Benefits experience
- Experience with retirement plans, FMLA, and Open Enrollments
- Excellent knowledge of benefits
- Ability to hit the ground running with minimal training
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy, and follow through
- Ability to prioritize issues and tasks effectively
- Degree desireable
For immediate consideration, please submit your resume directly to this posting
Staffing Manager, Office & Financial Support
Jenny Sand has over 4 years of experience in the staffing industry and is a Staffing Manager with our Office Support team. She primarily focuses on temporary and temporary-to-hire placements of office and financial professionals across all industries.
Prior to joining J.Morrissey, Jenny worked at a large international staffing firm where she sourced and filled temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct placement positions across a variety of industries including office support, financial services, light and heavy industrial, food service and more. While there, she managed the hiring process for a large financial firm, hiring upwards of 100 - 150 temporary employees for tax form processing. She was consistently recognized for placing qualified candidates and providing exceptional client and candidate service.
Jenny is actively involved with Soldier Solutions LLC, an organization that helps spread awareness for the struggles that disabled veterans face and assists in helping them receive service dogs. She received her Associate’s Degree in Business Management from SUNY Broome.