Opportunity Starts Here
J. Morrissey & Company can help you find a job and achieve your goals.
East hartford, CT 06118 US
In partnership with a local organization, we are looking to hire a permanent HR Generalist to oversee HR functions for facilities within the Hartford region.
- Collaborate with department managers to appropriately manage staffing, company/HR policy, and union matters
- Full cycle recruiting - attend job fairs, write and post job descriptions, interview and select candidates
- Oversee/work alongside an HR Assistant
- Lead onboarding and orientation
- Implement and maintain employee engagement initiatives
- Coordinate timekeeping functions, tracking hours and PTO
- Manage employee discipline when needed - conduct investigations, confront employees, solve workplace related problems
- Process union grievances and interact with union representatives
- Collect and organize HR data
- Process terminations
- Other HR related responsibilities as needed
- Bachelor's degree in HR or a related field of study
- 4+ years in human resources
- Experience working in a union environment
- $65-75k, depending on experience
- Full range of insurance benefits - medical, dental, vision, disability
- 401k with match
- Paid time off
Meet Your Recruiter
Recruiter, Office Support Group
Jake Anderson joined our Firm as an Associate Recruiter and works directly in our Office Support Group as well as our Accounting and Finance Group, focusing on both Contract and Direct Hire placement.
Prior to joining J. Morrissey, Jake worked at Glastonbury Hills Country Club, where he used his strong work ethic and passion for building relationships to develop his skills in communication and customer service. Jake is excited to be involved with a company that enables him to assist other people in finding their passions.
Jake is a 2021 graduate from Marist College in Poughkeepsie, New York, where he graduated with a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration and a concentration in Human Resources as well as a minor in Psychology.