Opportunity Starts Here
J. Morrissey & Company can help you find a job and achieve your goals.
Health Program - Assistant
One Monarch Place Suite 1500 Springfield, MA 01144
This dynamic internship position is responsible for working directly with the Health Management Department to implement the Healthy Directions Program onsite and at employer group work sites. This role will be responsible for maintaining ongoing wellness initiatives, updating existing programs, aid in offsite health events, collect data, provide reporting, work closely with program participants, and aid in day to day office duties. A well rounded, driven and energetic candidate will be sought after to help meet the goals of this opportunity.
The selected candidate will work closely with the department specialist and coordinator, allowing for many opportunities to partner with stakeholders across our organization and gain valuable hands on experience within the Health Programs setting. Within the internship program, our commitment is to provide a well-rounded learning experience for the candidates involved. Our hope is that they will walk away from this opportunity with skills and knowledge they gained to use in future experiences. We will use one on one educational session to discuss tasks and goals as well as building on their current knowledge of Health Programs.
Client is a down to earth, collaborative environment that will provide a tremendous amount of opportunities to build their networks, knowledge base and experience for their future growth.
Staff Events (60%)
- Work with Sales to provide health information and staff offsite health fairs and open enrollments
- Assist in offsite biometric screening events; taking blood pressure and BMI measurements
- Assist in Wellness Award planning and implementation
- Maintain monthly onsite lunch program
- Create and staff wellness table for annual benefits fair
- Present on nutrition and prevention topics offsite
Program development (30%)
- Reorganize existing health plan discount program
- Work with Marketing to create monthly wellness program advertisements
- Organize program materials per employer group demand
- Market health portal tools
- Aid in ongoing and planned wellness initiatives as needed
Data Collection (10%)
- Input biometric data
- Input and evaluate program participation with Excel and Jot Forms
- Create monthly reports per need of Health Management Program Specialist
Minimum Requirements: State the specific knowledge, skills, abilities, and experience required to perform the essential functions listed above. Include particular degrees, licenses, certifications, etc. if they are a minimum requirement for the job.
Associates degree or equivalent (2 years of completed college level coursework), preferably a Bachelor’ s degree, with at least 2 years of experience in a major focused on fitness, wellness or health related field.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal & written) preferred
- Good skills working with statistics and understanding epidemiology (specifically blood pressure) preferred
- Effective interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to plan, coordinate, and organize multiple priorities
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite of products
- Ability to work independently and as a team player
- Attention to detail
- Reliable and prompt, able to attend offsite events without supervision
- Be flexible with work hours and locations
Account Manager, Springfield Office
Melissa Cartier is an Account Manager in our J. Morrissey Springfield Office. Melissa has been with J.Morrissey for over 3 years and brings to us several years of career services and counseling experience. Melissa works with large and small companies in the Springfield area, and is responsible for managing new and current clients as well as recruiting and onboarding temporary candidates for temporary positions.
Prior to joining J. Morrissey, Melissa was the Director of Career Services at Premier Education Group where she performed various career development functions and achieved company benchmark placement rates. Melissa started her career as a Certified Medical Assistant, which has provided her with valuable insights into the healthcare industry and has helped her form strong connections with her clients and candidates.
In addition to her passion for recruiting and building relationships, Melissa volunteers her time public speaking in schools where she delivers presentations on career development and growth. Melissa also belongs to the Chicopee Chamber of Commerce. Her industry knowledge, commitment to quality service, and enthusiasm for people make her an invaluable member of the J. Morrissey team.