Opportunity Starts Here
J. Morrissey & Company can help you find a job and achieve your goals.
Systems Network Engineer-New Haven
60 Temple St #8a East Haven, CT 06512
Systems Network Infrastructure
Full time Opportunity with a growing organization that supports local satellites and one off shore location.
- You will be involved with projects enterprise wide (300+ users) that enables network communication, operations and management, and connectivity of the enterprise network.
- The Infrastructure Administrator supports the company' s enterprise hardware, software, networks, data centers, facilities and related equipment used to develop, test, operate, monitor, manage and/or support information technology services.
- Supports hardware, servers, computers, switches, hubs, data centers and routers
- Generalist duties include: firewall security, routing and switching - internet connectivity.
- Supports Network storage and is responsible for maintaining both internal and external connectivity of systems to ensure the network infrastructure connectivity is seamless.
- Maintains connectivity between the architecture tiers of the software.
- May assist with standardizing network infrastructure including networking hardware, routers, switches, LAN cards, wireless routers, cables, operating systems, network security applications and firewall, network services such as IP addressing, DSL, satellite, T-1 Line and wireless protocols
- IT Infrastructure Generalist will assist in documenting, organizing, modifying, and supporting all aspects of the company' s computer and network systems. Assess current and future company needs, and assist in the design, development, implementation, and maintenance of infrastructure to support them.
- Support other IT infrastructure and applications including MS Applications, firewalls, switching, VOIP, email, backup and recovery, active directory, and file sharing services, networking, storage, and server virtualization.
- Plans and implements security measures to monitor and protect sensitive data and systems from infiltration and cyber-attacks.
- Implements hardware and software solutions and performs disaster recovery testing.
- Collaborate with end-user support team in troubleshooting infrastructure-related issues and identify areas of improvement.
- Bachelor degree in computer science preferred. OR Technical certifications in networking, security, and/or server administration is highly preferred
- 4-5 years hands-on experience in a IT Network Engineer supporting production business environments.
- Strong storage procedure skills-Fibre Channel SAN
- Effective communication skills are needed as this is a highly visible role communicating with satellite offices and end users.
- Excellent troubleshooting/analytical skills
- Experience working in structured environment strongly preferred.
- Highly organized with excellent communication skills,
- Ability to communicate technical issues to non-technical people.
- Firewalls, switches, routing of wireless devices.
- VMware ESXi and vCenter 5.x-6.x.preferred
- Microsoft Windows server technologies, Active Directory, RDS, and WSUS.
- Working knowledge Microsoft Exchange server 2010+ and Office 365.
- Linux experience a plus.
- Storage procedures SAN Raid
- Fabric Switch
- FC Controllers
- JBOD' s
- SQL Server
- Fibre Channels
East Haven, CT
Send resume: to Krisha Morander
Full healthcare benefits and generous PTO. Onsite fitness center.
Director, Healthcare Services & Healthcare IT
Krisha Morander, a Certified Personnel Consultant, (CPC), has over 25 years of experience in the healthcare staffing industry. She also has corporate HR Recruitment, homecare, mental health and academia background to compliment her overall knowledge of hiring talent. Krisha has been continually recognized within our agency for achieving record-high placement activity.
She places all levels of healthcare professionals within a broad spectrum of healthcare organizations across Connecticut and Massachusetts including hospitals, managed care organizations, physician practices, pharmaceutical organizations, mental health, government facilities, and long term care and rehab facilities.
Krisha also complements her searches in the areas of clinical recruitment, information technology and clinical trials & research. The blend of clinical informatics, statistics and analysis are an integrated part of measuring outcomes and data to measure surveys and scores. Krisha continues to stay connected with this evolving and complex industry through her membership with the New England Chapter of Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS).
Krisha majored in marketing with a concentration in Human Resources. Krisha’s industry knowledge, communication skills and passion for recruiting make her an invaluable recruiter here at J. Morrissey.